We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Is URL Adapter the only way to save to server?

I have a page that I'm loading in a view model, inside this view model has a data source. I'm binding inside my page to that data source via:

<ejs-grid id="GridOverview" allowFiltering="true" allowSorting="true" dataSource="@Model.GridData">

I'm wanting to update my values using Batch Update.... or any update for that matter.... What I've found is that I'm required to use the URL adapter for editing/saving but then I can't bind with my current data source. 

Meaning I have to now put my dataSource as a new controller method and cannot keep what's show above.

Is there any other way to send updates to the server other than this URL adapter? 

2 Replies

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team July 23, 2019 01:32 PM UTC

Essentially, wanting to do something of this nature...

<ejs-grid id="GridOverview" allowFiltering="true" allowSorting="true" dataSource="@Model.GridData"
                      toolbar="@(new List<string>() {"Update", "Cancel"})" rowHeight="38" enableHover="true" enableVirtualization="true" allowSelection="true">
                <e-data-manager updateUrl="/Measure/Update"  adaptor="UrlAdaptor"></e-data-manager>
   </ejs-grid>

SS Seeni Sakthi Kumar Seeni Raj Syncfusion Team July 24, 2019 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

From your query, we found that you want to perform the server side CRUD actions for the local datasource. So, we suggest you to use remoteSaveAdaptor feature to achieve this requirement. Please refer the below documentation to know more details about remoteSaveAdaptor, 

Regards, 
Seeni Sakthi Kumar S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon