We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Application crashes (Android) when using 17.2.0.35 version of controls (Release build)

Anyone else seeing this issue?

I upgraded from 17.1.0.53 => 17.2.0.35 and now my release builds under Android crash when the first SfListView is encountered.  If I revert back everything works fine.  If I set linking to none then the application works fine with the new controls but this is not ideal as the APK is huge. My release builds normally link Sdk assemblies only.

Anyone else experiencing this fun?

Scott

10 Replies

MI Michal July 21, 2019 01:34 PM UTC

Hi,
Same here.

SfListView:
17.1.0.53 - works
17.2.0.34 - crashes
17.2.0.35 - crashes
Crashes don't occur on emulators though.

Also SfRadialMenu is affected (same packages ver.)

and SfPicker is only partially fixed.

SM Scott Morton July 22, 2019 01:27 PM UTC

I can get it to crash in the emulator for Android, I have not tried a physical device as of yet.  Anyone from SyncFusion investigating this?

SR Sangeetha Raju Syncfusion Team July 23, 2019 02:39 AM UTC

Hi Scott, 

We have checked the reported query ”Application crashes in Android” from our end. We would like to let you know that we could able to reproduce the reported issue. We have confirmed that reported issue is a defect and logged a defect report for the reported bug. We will fix the issue in next weekly nuget on July 30, 2019. We will appreciate your patience until then.  

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link. 

Regards, 
Sangeetha Raju. 

SM Scott Morton July 23, 2019 12:35 PM UTC

Thanks, I get an access denied when following  https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/7671.

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team July 24, 2019 07:18 AM UTC

Hi Scott, 

We regret for the inconvenience caused. Please find the feedback link below, 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

SR Sangeetha Raju Syncfusion Team July 30, 2019 01:49 PM UTC

Hi Scott,   

We are glad to announce that our latest weekly NuGet package update version 17.2.0.39 has been rolled out and the reported issue has been resolved and it is available for download (nuget.org).       

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this update. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.    

Regards,    
Sangeetha Raju. 

MI Michal replied to Sangeetha Raju July 31, 2019 01:55 PM UTC

Hi Scott,   

We are glad to announce that our latest weekly NuGet package update version 17.2.0.39 has been rolled out and the reported issue has been resolved and it is available for download (nuget.org).       

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this update. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.    

Regards,    
Sangeetha Raju. 

Hi,

Thanks for the updates.
SfListView, SfRadialMenu and SfPicker are working fine for me on Android.

Thanks,
Mike

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team July 31, 2019 04:34 PM UTC

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for the update. Please get back to us if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

MI Michal August 26, 2019 09:15 AM UTC

Hello,

Could you please re-open the ticket?

ListView is crashing on Android again with the latest package, 17.2.0.46.
Also RadialMenu package stopped working as well on the latest update.

Thank you,
Mike

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team August 26, 2019 10:39 AM UTC

Hi Mike,

We have upgraded Xamarin.Forms dependency version of SfListView to 3.6.0.344457 in our 17.2.0.46 version (2019 Volume2 – SP1 release). If you are using this latest version, you have to update Xamarin.Forms dependency in your project to Xamarin.Forms 3.6.0.344457 or higher and also you need to change the Android project target version as 9.0 to resolve this issue. 

Please find the documentation regarding target framework version,

https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/installation-and-upgrade/system-requirements#target-framework-compile-sdk-version-for-android

The Release notes contains the breaking change details, 

https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/release-notes/v17.2.0.46?type=all#common 

Regards,

Mageshyadav.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon