We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Convert HTML to PDF with thai language become unreadable on linux server

I tried using HTML to PDF to generate PDF.
After test on Windows output file display correctly but on linux server Thai text part become unreadable.
The code and output is in attached file

Attachment: output_78620764.zip

5 Replies

GK Gowthamraj Kumar Syncfusion Team July 22, 2019 01:20 PM UTC

Hi Sutthipong, 

Thank you for providing details, 

We are tried to reproduce the reported issue with provided details. We have created a simple sample with provided details and checked the conversion in Linux. Thai characters are preserved properly in the conversion. This issue may occurs due to missing of required font to preserve the text in Linux environment. Please make sure the required fonts files are installed properly in the machine and ensured the html file is displayed properly in web browser on Linux.  

We have attached the output document from below link, 

Please refer the below KB link for converting HTML to PDF in Linux, 

Regards, 
Gowthamraj K 

SU Sutthipong July 31, 2019 09:18 AM UTC

Sorry for late response

How to check web display correctly in linux server if my server does not have GUI or I can use other linux machine to check web display.

GK Gowthamraj Kumar Syncfusion Team July 31, 2019 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Sutthipong, 

Thank you for your update.  

Kindly add/install the required font files to your Linux machine and try the conversion. The reported issue only occurs if the required font is not available in the machine where the conversion take place. However, you can use any other Linux machine (configuration should be similar to your server machine) to check the html file is display properly or not. And please make sure whether the machines are having the same fonts. 

Regards, 
Gowthamraj K  

SU Sutthipong August 13, 2019 10:53 AM UTC

After install xfonts package in my server machine.The converted document display correctly.
Maybe I forget to install it because it was server.

GK Gowthamraj Kumar Syncfusion Team August 14, 2019 06:55 AM UTC

Hi Sutthipong,  
Thank you for your update. 
Regards, 
Gowthamraj K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon