We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

unsuccessful installation

hi ,
I just installed syncfusion and I have few problems:
1- first of all I want to make sure that I have chosen the right product, I am developing React js project and installed syncfusion Essential JS 2 for React,is it for reactjs correct?
2- after installation , it says to add few lines in system.config.js which doesnt exist.
3- when saving project to run, I get error:

./src/App.css (./node_modules/css-loader/dist/cjs.js??ref--6-oneOf-3-1!./node_modules/postcss-loader/src??postcss!./src/App.css)
Module not found: You attempted to import ../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-react-buttons/styles/material.css which falls outside of the project src/ directory. Relative imports outside of src/ are not supported.

Your advice would be appreciated

3 Replies

JA Jesus Arockia Sankaran S Syncfusion Team July 17, 2019 11:37 AM UTC

Hi Afshin, 

Query: first of all I want to make sure that I have chosen the right product, I am developing React js project and installed syncfusion Essential JS 2 for React,is it for reactjs correct? 

Yes, our Syncfusion EJ2 React components are for reactjs application, and you are choosing the right product.  

Query :  after installation , it says to add few lines in system.config.js , There is no such a file and I created a file with this name in src and still get the next error. 

We ask you to follow the documentation in the link below to create the react application using react cli for a easy start.  

Query : when saving project to run, I get error: 

./src/App.css (./node_modules/css-loader/dist/cjs.js??ref--6-oneOf-3-1!./node_modules/postcss-loader/src??postcss!./src/App.css) Module not found: You attempted to import ../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-react-buttons/styles/material.css which falls outside of the project src/ directory. Relative imports outside of src/ are not supported. 

We checked the reported issue but it is not reproduced in our end, and we have created a sample for your reference that you can get from the link below.  

If we misunderstood your requirement, please reproduce the issue in this application. It will be help us to focus on specific area and assist you at the earliest. 

Query : Is installing typescript mandatory for Syncfusion as there are many link to that in the mentioned system.config.js files and many of the changes is required to apply in tsx files? 

No, typescript is not mandatory for our components. If you want create react app with tsx script, the typescript is mandatory otherwise this is not need. 

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance on this.  

Regards, 
Jesus Arockia Sankaran S 

AP Alexander Petzelt May 25, 2020 08:54 AM UTC

Hi!
I am having the same problem.
An import of a css in node_modules yields to the same error.
When I try to access the link in Your answer I get an access denied.
Importing of a URL (@import url('https://cdn.syncfusion.com/ej2/fabric.css');  ) like in Your tutorial videos is not what I want.

Any advice would be appreciated

JA Jesus Arockia Sankaran S Syncfusion Team May 26, 2020 05:31 AM UTC

Hi Alexander, 

We are sorry for the trouble. 

We have checked the reported issue and we request you to download the sample from the below link. 

You can also find the folder structure and CSS file reference in “App.css” file from the below reference image. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Jesus Arockia Sankaran S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon