We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

All my Entry fields the line becomes pink in Android

Hi,

I use PDFViewer to display agreements, after user clicks agree button, all my entry fields line become pink, I tried to navigate to that page directly w/o passing the PDFViewer, Entry fields line are black. 

How can I avoid this?

Thanks.

7 Replies

GR Gayathri Ramalingam Syncfusion Team July 15, 2019 12:56 PM UTC

Hi Martin,  

We regret to let you know that we have tried to reproduce the issue Entry field color is changed in Xamarin.Forms.Android”, but it is working fine as expected. Kindly refer the sample in the below link which we created to reproduce the reported issue.  

Can you please explain the operation you made in the agree button click event and also let us know whether entry fields are associated with your PDF document or else added separately in the view? 

Kindly share the following details to analyze more on this issue and it will be helpful for us to analyze more on this issue.  
1.       Modify / Simple sample with which the issue could be reproduced.  
2.       Replication procedure to reproduce the issue or screen shot illustrating the issue.  
3.       Android device specification with the OS version.  
4.       PDF document with which the issue could be reproduced  

With Regards, 
Gayathri R 

MS Martin Sato July 25, 2019 12:27 AM UTC

Please see attached sample demonstrationg the issue. 

Thanks.

Attachment: SfPdfViewSample_59c8942c.rar

GR Gayathri Ramalingam Syncfusion Team July 25, 2019 04:40 PM UTC

Hi Martin 

We were able to reproduce the issue “Entry field color gets changed in Xamarin.Forms.Android" in our side and we suspect this to be a defect. We have forwarded this issue to our development team for further analysis and we will update further details by 29-July-2019.   

With Regards, 
Gayathri R 

GR Gayathri Ramalingam Syncfusion Team July 29, 2019 02:39 PM UTC

Hi Martin, 
We have confirmed that the issue “Entry field color gets changed in Xamarin.Forms.Android” is defect and logged defect report for this issue. The patch for this issue will be delivered on 19th August ,2019.   

With Regards, 
Gayathri R 

GR Gayathri Ramalingam Syncfusion Team August 19, 2019 01:05 PM UTC

Hi Martin,

The issue with "Entry field color gets changed in Xamarin.Forms.Android" has been fixed and the patch for this fix can be downloaded from the following location. 

Recommended approach - exe will perform automatic configuration
Please find the patch setup from below location: 

Advanced approach – use only if you have specific needs and can directly replace existing assemblies for your build environment
Please find the patch assemblies alone from below location:

NuGet: 

Assembly Version: 17.2.0.34
Installation Directions : 
This patch should replace the file “
Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.XForms.Android.dll” under the following folder.
$system drive:\ Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version # \precompiledassemblies\$Version#\4.5.1
Eg : $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\9.3.0.61\precompiledassemblies\9.3.0.61\4.0

To automatically run the Assembly Manager, please check the Run assembly manager checkbox option while installing the patch. If this option is unchecked, the patch will replace the assemblies in precompiled assemblies’ folder only. Then, you will have to manually copy and paste them to the preferred location or you will have to run the Syncfusion Assembly Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard, installed as a shortcut in the Application menu) to re-install assemblies.

Note : 
You can change how you receive bug fixes by navigating to the following link and updating your preferences.

Disclaimer: 
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.2.0.34 specifically to resolve the following issue(s) reported in this/the incident(s). 145917

If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received.
This fix will be included in our 2019 Vol 3 Main release which will be available in September 2019.

Regards, 
Gayathri R 

MS Martin Sato August 25, 2019 08:55 AM UTC

Hi, 

I have tried this using 17.2.0.41, but the issue is still the same do I need to change something? After displaying a PDF then navigation to another page with entry fields, they all become pink, i have tried it in android.

Thanks.

AV Ashokkumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team August 26, 2019 09:15 AM UTC

Hi Martin, 
We haven’t moved the fix for the issue,” Entry field color gets changed in Xamarin.Forms.Android ” in any of our public NuGet. We will be including the fix for this issue in our upcoming public weekly NuGet under nuget.org and it is expected to be available on 27-August-2019.  
Regards, 
Ashokkumar Viswanathan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon