I''m using the grid list control with the ComboBase to provide multi-column drop-downs. I need help with the following:
1) Unlike the GridDataBoundGrid, the Hidden properyt of the Grid List Control is read only i.e.
Me.GridListControl.Cols.Hidden = True
is not possible. How to hide columns programmatically?
2) Grid List Column Headers: First, a designe mode weirdness, if ShowColumnHeaders is enabled, they will sometimes display whacky large in design mode. Second,how do you set the column header height?
3) Sort: Column headers don''t provide sort functionality. My users have requested that they do. Can I detect a click on the column header?
Thank you to the SyncFusion team.
ADAdministrator Syncfusion Team May 31, 2004 11:13 AM
1) Try accessing the embedded GridControl object and hiding the columns therer.
Me.gridListControl1.Grid.Cols.Hidden(1) = true
2) Try setting the height of the header row in the embedded GridControl.
Me.gridListControl1.Grid.RowHeights(0) = 50
3) There is no support for soring in the GriListControl. Any sorting you do will have to be done on the DataSource. Now you can try to subscribe to the CellClick event in the embedded GridControl, and do the sorting at that point, but it will take some coding. You could use the techniques shown in \Grid\Samples\Quick Start\GridControlSort catch the event and try to do your own sorting in your DataSource. But to handle showiing the Sort icon, you would have to subscribe to the QueryCellInfo event of the mebedded grid to dynamically set the sort icon cell control.
KHKenton HensleyMay 31, 2004 02:38 PM
Clay I do believe you are tied to your chair in front of your machine 24x7! I did not expect a reply on Memorial Day (I presume you are in the U.S.A) Unfortuanately, I''m working as well.
Thank you very much.