We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfChart with ColumnSeries in SfTabView hangs (iOS)

Hi,

I'm trying to show a column chart within a 3 page SfTabView.
While the doughnut charts works without problems, the columns and line chart renderings hangs completely.
I tried different setups, including using an additional surrounding StackLayout and giving fixed values for HeightRequest and WidthRequest.
The same chart placed into a StackLayout outside of the SfTabView works without problems.

I paused the app many times and it looks like it hangs during layout but I could not get further.

Thanks for your advice!
Arno

3 Replies

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team July 15, 2019 10:40 AM UTC

Hi Arno, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We tried to reproduce the reported issue with simple sample in iPhone X simulator, but we are afraid that we were not able to reproduce the issue at our end in iOS platform. We have attached the prepared sample and you can download from the below link.  

Since we are not aware of your exact application scenario, we were not able to reproduce this issue at our end. So, can you please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure and share your device details. If possible, also provide the video demonstrating the action where chart hangs up. This will be helpful for us to find the exact root cause of the problem. 

Regards, 
Rachel. 

DA Dr. Arno Pernozzoli July 18, 2019 07:40 AM UTC

Hi,

thank you for the sample, finally it's working.
Problem was a missing secondary axis definition in the column / line charts.
Doughnut worked of course because obviously the secondary axis definition is not required for layout purposes.
Nevertheless it may be interesting to fix that, maybe throwing an exception if something is missing for the layout, instead of just running into an endless loop?

Thank you!
Arno

LA Lavanya Anaimuthu Syncfusion Team July 18, 2019 11:52 AM UTC

Hi Arno, 

We would like to let you know it's going to be right for your scenario. But thrown exception is not a proper one when dynamically adding axis. We are currently planning to provide default axis support. Maybe this feature will satisfy your requirement. Please get back to us for further assistance. 

Regards, 
Lavanya A. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon