We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DatePicker that stays open, DropDownList can't get proper focus

Hello

I have a site that has both a DropDownList and a DatePicker control.
The DatePicker is configured to always stay open (in the "Close" event, "args.cancel" is set to "true"):

Now the problem is that when I try to input something in the DropDownList, the DatePicker loses and immediately gains focus again, which in turn leads to the DropDownList losing focus and thus cancelling the input and the filtering.
The text can be entered one letter at a time but the filtering does not start.
Directly selecting an element works fine.

I guess I could just let the DatePicker close normally, then this problem would not arise. However, for this site it is more beneficial for the user when the DatePicker stays open.

Is there any workaround for this problem?

Kind regards
Phil

1 Reply

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team July 12, 2019 06:30 AM UTC

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

We have analyzed your application scenario and reported problem at our end. But Drop-down list focus and filtering functionality works properly at our end. Could you please check the below sample and screenshot? 

Screenshot: 

We suspect that it may be occurs due to on your application logic or improper way to use our component functionalities. Could you please share the below details? 

a.     Screenshot of your problem 
b.     Code Block 
c.      Syncfusion package version details 
d.     If possible, replicate your problem in our provided sample. 

Please check the sample and get back to us, if you require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon