We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

DateTime datatype in ReportParameter

Hi ,

I have this problem where the DateTime parameter is linked to the filter of a tablix.  In the Preview mode after Selecting the Parameter a few times the error will occur as shown below.

6 Replies

MS Mahendran Shanmugam Syncfusion Team July 10, 2019 09:45 AM UTC

Hi Albert, 

We have checked the mentioned parameter issue with our Report Designer but it is working properly at our end. So could you please share your issue reproducible RDL file to validate the mentioned problem at our end. 

Regards, 
Mahendran S. 

AK Albert K July 11, 2019 01:52 AM UTC

Please find enclosed my example RDL

Attachment: emr_e1fc4a39.zip

AK Albert K August 27, 2019 06:44 AM UTC

Hi,  
Is there any progress on the issue.  I think I might have got to the thing that is causing the issue.  My system dateTime format is set to GB ie dd-mm-yyyy.  The parameter  for datetime will always show the US date format so everytime you select something like 01/24/2018  the error will appear, meaning any day that is greater then 12 will cause error.  

Is there a fix ? Thank you.

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 28, 2019 11:38 AM UTC

Hi Albert, 

We have provided the workaround support to load the report parameter based on locale culture. Please follow the below steps to apply the fix in your Report Server Application.   

1.Ensure to stop the Report Server application from the desktop shortcut – “Stop Syncfusion Report Server”.   

2.Download your required culture script from the below link. 

3.Paste the downloaded culture script file only into the below locations as shown in below snap. 
{{InatalledLocation}}:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Report Server\ReportServer.Web\ Scripts\EssentialJS\i18n\ 
{{InatalledLocation}}:\Syncfusion\Report Server\ReportServer.Web\  Scripts\EssentialJS\i18n\ 

4.Paste the downloaded localetext script file only into the below locations as shown in below snap. 
 {{InatalledLocation}}:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Report Server\ReportServer.Web\ Scripts\Localization\reportviewer 
{{InatalledLocation}}:\Syncfusion\Report Server\ReportServer.Web\ Scripts\Localization\reportviewer 

5. Refer the pasted file reference in to “ReportViewer.cshtml” file like below from the below locations as shown in below code example and snap.   
    {{InatalledLocation}}:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Report Server\ReportServer.Web\Views\FileRender   
    {{InatalledLocation}}:\Syncfusion\Report Server\ReportServer.Web\Views\FileRender   

ReportViewer.cshtml: 
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" /> 
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" /> 

<link rel='nofollow' href="@Url.Content("~/Content/Styles/EssentialJS/reportviewer/bootstrap-theme/ej.reportviewer.min.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> 

@Styles.Render(DeviceDetection.IsMobile ? "~/styles/file-render-report-mobile" : "~/styles/file-render-report") 
    @Scripts.Render(DeviceDetection.IsMobile ? "~/scripts/report-render-mobile" : "~/scripts/report-render") 

<script src="~/Scripts/EssentialJS/i18n/ej.culture.@string.Concat(language,".min.js")"></script> 
        var getLinkReportName = "@ViewBag.ItemName"; 
    </script> 

6. create the en-GB folder add messages.po file to load the server with culture in below server installed locations as shown in below snap. 
{{InatalledLocation}}:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Report Server\ReportServer.Web\ locale 
{{InatalledLocation}}:\Syncfusion\Report Server\ReportServer.Web\locale 

Please find the below en-GB folder with messages.po file. 

7. Start the Report Server Application from the desktop shortcut – “Start Syncfusion Report Server”.   

8. Click the culture button in server and change the culture to United Kingdom as shown in below snap. 

Output snap: 

Please let us know if you need any clarification. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

AK Albert K August 29, 2019 01:30 AM UTC

Thank you for the update and it worked for the Report Viewer but the designer still does not work when the date is greater then 12, for example 14/Aug/2019.   Also the display in the designer field is also in US format. 

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 29, 2019 06:46 AM UTC

Hi Albert, 

We were able to reproduce the mentioned culture issue in our Report Designer. We will fix this issue and it will be reflected in our upcoming Report Platform release which is estimated to be rolled out on first week of the September 2019. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon