We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

x-axis of chart starts at 1 while minim is set to 0

I have a chart where the xaxis is defines as :

<e-chart-primaryxaxis valueType="Category" labelFormat="y" edgeLabelPlacement="Shift" interval="5" minimum="0" maximum="75"></e-chart-primaryxaxis>

The x-axis labels are 1,6,11,... why does it not start at 0 ?
Is I switch the minimum to -1 the labels are -1, 5, 10, 15, ...

The desired labels are 0, 5, 10, 15, ....

Any suggestions ?

3 Replies

BP Baby Palanidurai Syncfusion Team July 9, 2019 08:53 AM UTC

Hi Johnny, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have analyzed your query with provided information. We have tried to replicate the reported scenario at our end. Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce the reported issue. We have attached a sample which is used by testing. Please find below sample, 

Screenshot: 

So kindly check the above sample and revert us with following information which will be more helpful for further analysis and provide you the solution sooner. 

• Please share your sample (or) code snippet.

• Share your datasource file.

• Try to reproduce the reported issue in the above sample

• Share your product version

Regards, 
Baby. 

JO Johnny July 9, 2019 02:39 PM UTC

I did not interpreted the meaning of interval, min, max correct. In case of category it is the number of categories and not the actual value in the category.
Thx for the input.

BP Baby Palanidurai Syncfusion Team July 10, 2019 05:15 AM UTC

Hi Johnny, 

Most welcome. Yes, category axis are used to represent, the string values instead of numbers. Chart renders based on the index values. Category axis default interval value is 1. Also here we have attached category axis ug link and demo link for your reference. Please find the below link, 

Kindly revert us, if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Baby. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon