We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

The vertical bar moves very slowly - GanttControl

Hello,

I am using the GanttControl with a model that has some model details with many subitems and inlineitems. GanttControl moves fast with the horizontal bar but it moves very slow verticaly, can I do anything to move faster?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Ander.

1 Reply

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team July 9, 2019 09:16 AM UTC

Hi Ander, 

Greetings from Syncfusion Support. 

We have analyzed the reported scenario. We are also able to reproduce the reported problem delay in vertical scrolling at our end. 

We have resolved this problem by using virtualization while scrolling GanttControl Vertically. i.e. while vertical scrolling, we have updated the UI by removing and adding the Gantt Node’s based on ScrollViewer’s vertical scroll offset. In your case, you have loaded large number of inline items. So, it will take some time to generate and rendered in UI.  

To avoid the delay, you can enable the differed scrolling (it means that the view does not scroll until mouse click is released) in Gantt Grid’s Scroll Viewer in GanttControl’s loaded event as like below code snippet. 

[C#]: 
public partial class MainWindow : ChromelessWindow 
{ 
   public MainWindow() 
    { 
        InitializeComponent(); 
        this.Gantt.Loaded += Gantt_Loaded; 
    } 

private void Gantt_Loaded(object sender, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs e) 
    { 
        Border border = (Border)VisualTreeHelper.GetChild(this.Gantt.GanttGrid, 0); 
        ScrollViewer viewer = (ScrollViewer)VisualTreeHelper.GetChild(border, 0); 
        viewer.IsDeferredScrollingEnabled = true; 
    } 
} 

Please find the sample from the below link, 

Regards,  
Muneesh Kumar G.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon