We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Use of Bindingnavigator with SfDataGrid

I have an application written fully in Vb.net. I am trying to replace a number of datagridviews with SfDataGrid to take advantage of its several features. I need help with the following issues:

1. How to get the 'Drag & Drop' option from a datasource to the form surface for SfDataGrid - like that is available for datagridview in any visual studio ? As of now one needs to do all the databinding to the SdDataGrid programmatically. Let me if it is possible at all ?

2. When we do a drag and drop of a Datagridview - well for the first time, it also gets a bindingnavigator control along with it. The binding navigator is quite useful for scrolling over the DGView. Is it possible to use this Bindingnavigator buttons to scroll of SfGridView ? I tried a few times with same bindingsources & datasources of the SfGridView, but it is not scrolling. 

Kindly give me an example using a dataset example, preferably in vb.net please.

Thanks & with Best Regards to SF Team.

Renga Iyengar,
Chennai

3 Replies

SP Shobika Palani Syncfusion Team July 8, 2019 03:53 PM UTC

Hi Renganathan, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We are currently validating the reported case at our end. We need two more business days to validate and confirm the behavior. And we will update you with more details on 10th July,2019. 

We will appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Shobika.  

SP Shobika Palani Syncfusion Team July 10, 2019 02:01 PM UTC

Hi Renganathan, 
Thanks for your patience. 
We are still validating the below scenario. We will provide the further details on tomorrow (11/7/2019). 
Regards, 
Shobika. 

SP Shobika Palani Syncfusion Team July 11, 2019 06:00 PM UTC

Hi Renganathan, 

Thanks for your patience. 

We have analyzed your query to load SfDataGrid with BindingNavigator and to scroll grid using buttons in BindingNavigator. You can bind datasource for grid based on bindingSource of binding navigator. But  we regret to inform you that SfDataGrid does not support scrolling through the buttons in binding navigator. Please refer to the below code snippet 

BindingSource bindingSource = new BindingSource(); 
bindingSource.DataSource = orderInfo.OrdersListDetails; 
this.bindingNavigator1.BindingSource = bindingSource; 
this.sfDataGrid1.DataSource = this.bindingNavigator1.BindingSource; 

Also please refer to the sample from link below 

Sample Link: 

Please let us know, if you require further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Shobika. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon