We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

app crashes when min and max date tapped

hey Guys my app crashes after i restrict dates to min and max date and when i tap one of dates (min or max ) the app crashes . so how can restrict or disable from tapping those dates? i got this exception when the calendar date selection mode is RangeSelction.

33 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 6, 2019 01:03 PM UTC

Hi DanielBasazinew, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have already found and fixed this mentioned issue “Throws exception when Min / Max date set and while tapping the same”. The issue fix will be included in our upcoming 2019 Volume 2 main release which is expected to be available by the mid of July 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 10, 2019 11:19 AM UTC

Hi DanielBasazinew, 

We have fixed the reported issue “Calendar throws the exception when set Min,Max date with RangeSelection mode in Android” and created patch for the same. Please find the patch for this issue fix in the following, 

Set Up: 

Custom Assemblies: 

NuGet: 

Kindly find the below link to clear Nuget cache,
https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/6987/how-to-clear-nuget-cache    

Installation Direction:       
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\17.1.0.47\Xamarin\lib\pcl\Syncfusion.SfCalendar.XForms.dll             
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\17.1.0.47\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfCalendar.XForms.Android.dll             

Disclaimer:     
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.1.0.47 specifically to resolve the following issue reported in this forum 145720. This issue fix will be included in our next weekly NuGet release, which is expected to roll out on July 23, 2019. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

DB Daniel Basazinew July 10, 2019 11:51 AM UTC

can you please assist me how can i patch this issue with those patch setups u send me?

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 11, 2019 08:44 AM UTC

Hi DanielBasazinew, 

Thank you for the update. Please follow the below instructions to refer the custom assemblies in your project. 

You need to replace the Syncfusion.SfCalendar.XForms.dll and Syncfusion.SfCalendar.XForms.Android.dll  assemblies in the following location, 

Installation Direction:        
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\17.1.0.47\Xamarin\lib\pcl\Syncfusion.SfCalendar.XForms.dll              
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\17.1.0.47\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfCalendar.XForms.Android.dll      

If you are using NuGet package, then you will need to uninstall the SfCalendar NuGet package and refer the custom assemblies. Kindly refer the following Knowledge base (KB) for the same,  

You will also need to clear the cache to successfully apply the custom assemblies before deploying the project. Kindly refer the KB below to clear the cache,  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

DB Daniel Basazinew July 25, 2019 06:22 AM UTC

hey Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy

i faced a new issue on the calander localization , the app crashes when i set the language to Arabic it works before i don know why it crashes now. the output is "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Not a valid calendar for the given culture. Parameter name: value".  
and my code is
 calendar.Locale = new CultureInfo("AR");
 calendar.FlowDirection = FlowDirection.RightToLeft;

regards

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 25, 2019 01:52 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, 

Thank you for the update. 

Based on the provided information and code snippet, we have checked the mentioned issue “Application crashes when set the Locale in Calendar". We have checked with the simple sample and we are unable to replicate the issue from our side. We have attached the sample for your reference. Please find the sample from following link. 

Tested Scenario:
1. Set the Locale as "AR" and check the issue.
2. Enable RTL mode and check the issue.

Tested devices:
1. MI A1 device (Android)
2. iPhone XS Max-iOS-12.1 (iOS)
3. Windows machine (UWP)

Please check the sample and let us know if you still facing the same issue? If not, please modify the sample based on your scenario and revert us with the more details, so that it will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution at the earliest.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V    

DB Daniel Basazinew July 26, 2019 06:28 AM UTC

hey Subburaj 

Thanks for update , the issue is not solved still. as u see from the code snippet i sent you before i did it correctly and again i tired with your code snippet but nothing changed.

FYI - am still using the Patched version that you send me before on the min max issue. if that was the case i can upgrade to the latest essential studio. did the latest essential studio and the nuget package solve the min max issue ?  if the issue is patched with your current version i can use that and check the Arabic issue. 

thanks

DB Daniel Basazinew July 26, 2019 10:58 AM UTC

i just tested the latest 17.2.0.36 nuget package with demo app and the Arabic issue solved but this nuget package uses .NET Standard for code sharing but in our project we use .NET Framework we have no plan now to upgrade to standard b/c our app go live soon and its huge. to use 17.2.0.34 nuget package the min max issue still exists so what we can do to solve both issues? or u can give us the latest package that supports .NET framework. or find any solution . b/c we are going to purchase the product.

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 29, 2019 10:01 AM UTC

Hi DanielBasazinew,  

Regarding issue fix: Throws exception when Min / Max date set and while tapping 
This issue fix has been included in our weekly NuGet update version 17.2.0.35, so you can use the same version or latest version 17.2.0.36. 

Regarding Arabic locale issue and .net standard 2.0:  
This issue is because of compilation restriction in the project that targetsnetstandard2.0, since our control targets netstandard 2.0 from the release update 17.2.0.28 beta and as you’re using older pcl application net framework. It can be resolved by adding netstandard.dll in the PCL project. Please get the assembly from the following location, 

Location: C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\2.1.202\Microsoft\Microsoft.NET.Build.Extensionset461\libetstandard.dll 

Overall as a solution, we suggest you to use our latest Syncfusion update version 17.2.0.36 and add the netstandard.dll in the PCL project of your application. Please attach this assembly and let us know, whether the mentioned issue is resolved.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

DB Daniel Basazinew July 29, 2019 01:13 PM UTC

hey Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy

thanks for update. but the Arabic issue is still not solved the app crashes when i set to arabic language. i add netstandard.dll referenche  to the pcl project it solves the error but not the crash. 

attached files are the screen shots of what i did 

Attachment: screenshots_16173c72.rar

DB Daniel Basazinew July 30, 2019 08:30 AM UTC

hello there 

is there any update on the issue?

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 30, 2019 09:20 AM UTC

Hi DanielBasazinew,   

We have scheduled web-meeting today (July 30, 2019) at 3.00 PM Ethiopia time to check this issue at your end and shared the meeting details to your mail, as you have follow-up with the incident for the same query. 

Meeting Time: Tue, July 30, 2019 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM EDT   

Please join the meeting with the shared details. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V    

DB Daniel Basazinew July 30, 2019 01:36 PM UTC

hey subbraj

here are the files and pls work on that and update me by tommorw. b/c our app go live on august 1 this calendar issue backs us. pls fix it asap.

Attachment: AttachemntFiles_1817752e.rar

DB Daniel Basazinew July 31, 2019 11:18 AM UTC

hey there 

any update? we are waiting u

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 31, 2019 01:04 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, 

We unable to replicate the issue from our end when set the Locale as “AR” and change the device language as Arabic. So that, we have fixed the issue based on the given stack trace which is shown in meeting and we have added the possible fixes.  

Please find the patch for this issue fix is followed by, 

Set Up: 

Custom Assemblies: 

NuGet: 

Kindly clear NuGet cache before applying patch and refer the following link for the same, 

Installation Direction:       
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\17.2.0.34\Xamarin\lib\pcl\Syncfusion.SfCalendar.XForms.dll             
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\17.2.0.34\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfCalendar.XForms.Android.dll            

Disclaimer:     
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.2.0.34 specifically to resolve the following issue reported in this forum 145720, we will include this fix in our upcoming Weekly NuGet release, which is expected to roll out on August 6, 2019. 

Please check and let us know whether the fix resolved your issue.    

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V      

DB Daniel Basazinew August 1, 2019 09:14 AM UTC

hey subrajj 

thanks for your upadate

the Patch helped us a lot and the app working the arabic function malty well. on other thing is that can we use the latest nuget package after or we could continue with the current patch version? and also we started using SfCourselView can we use the latest nuget packge similar verion of the patched sfcalander?

DB Daniel Basazinew August 1, 2019 02:00 PM UTC

hey subrajj

Warm Grettings,

We have implemented the coursel view but it didn't display the data. the data is not image but its a list of labels.  can you review our code pls i have attached the code snippet  to u. 

regards,
Daniel

Attachment: BoardingPassPage_190066c7.rar

DB Daniel Basazinew August 2, 2019 04:50 AM UTC

hey subraj

any update in the carousel view?

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team August 2, 2019 10:34 AM UTC

Hi Daniel, 

We have prepared a simple label with the Text bound in the ItemTemplate. Please have the sample from the below link, 

Please check with the sample and if your requirement differs from the sample please provide a pictorial representation which will be helpful for us to analyze further and provide an appropriate solution. 

Thanks,    
Muneesh Kumar G.   

DB Daniel Basazinew August 5, 2019 05:06 AM UTC

hey Muneesh

as you can see we use our own DataTemplate but nothing is shown in the page please kindly refer the xaml page i sent you before. the data we bind in the item source are correctly retrieved we checked that. does the coursel page use entire page ? even when i add a tool bar item in the page the tool bar item is not shown. we purchase your product and we didn't  expect like these. and u can set a call today and you can refer our code.  

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team August 6, 2019 09:21 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,   

We regret for your inconvenience,  

Still we are not able to replicate the reported problem. So, we have scheduled a web call and posted in the incident. Please follow that for further updates. 

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

DB Daniel Basazinew August 6, 2019 03:36 PM UTC

hey Muneesh 

FYI - we use xamarin forms latest version 4.0. may be if its the case can u check it please ?

regards,
Daniel

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team August 7, 2019 07:00 AM UTC

Hi Daniel, 

We have checked the SfCarousel with latest Xamarin.Forms. Unfortunately, the issue is not reproduced in our side. As we promised in the meeting, we have prepared the same XAML structure with SfRotator Control. Please have the sample from the below link, 

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

DB Daniel Basazinew August 7, 2019 08:32 AM UTC

hey Munnesh 

Grettings 

I want to send you a pictorial representation of the issue. pls kindly refer the attached screen shots and analyze them why the carousel view itself and the items inside is not shown in the page.

FYI - the page first generates a barcode. you can see in the screen shots. 
At the moment  i checked the rotator on demo app and am inserting to the project. so can u check this file pls,

Regards 
Daniel

Attachment: Screenshot_20190807101427_3f8189d7.rar

DB Daniel Basazinew August 8, 2019 07:52 AM UTC

hey Munnesh

I tired so far with this issue and i guess i found it now. when i push the page form viewmodel it didnot display the items inside the rotator but when i push the page from xaml.cs by using Navigation.PushModalasync(); method it works. to push form the view model we have custom implementation of pushasync and pushmodalasync events. here is the code sniipet 

form code behind --
 private void Button_Clicked(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
        {
            Navigation.PushAsync(new BoardingPage());
        } 

from Viewmodel

async Task OnBoardingPassCommand_clicked()
        {
            var boardingpage = new BoardingPage();
            await Shared.PageService.GetPageServiceInstance.OnPushAsync(boardingpage);   //this method is our custom implenation Based on xamarin forms Naviagtion
        }

DB Daniel Basazinew August 8, 2019 11:13 AM UTC

so can you show me a demo that push a page from viewmodel. and the page contains the rotator veiw with some static Datas?
today Muneesh please?

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team August 8, 2019 02:11 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, 

We have prepared a simple sample using SfRotator Control to navigate to the another page with SfRotator Items added using ViewModel, it works fine. Please have the sample from the below link,

Sample Link : https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/RotatorSample_(1)-214547394

We have used the below code to navigate to the next page,

public RotatorViewModel(INavigation navigation)
        {
            _navigation = navigation;
           ClickCommand = new Command(
           execute: () =>
           {
               var myPage = new MyPage();
               navigation.PushAsync(new MyPage());
           },
           canExecute: () =>
           {
               return true;
           });
            ImageCollection.Add(new RotatorModel("Calculator.png", "Calculator"));
            ImageCollection.Add(new RotatorModel("Camera.png", "Camera"));
            ImageCollection.Add(new RotatorModel("Excel.png", "Excel"));
            ImageCollection.Add(new RotatorModel("GMail.png", "GMail"));

}

If you still need to use the below code 
 var boardingpage = new BoardingPage(); 
            await Shared.PageService.GetPageServiceInstance.OnPushAsync(boardingpage); 

Please provide the complete code files used our Syncfusion components, this would be helpful for us to give better solution in this.  

Thanks,  
Muneesh Kumar G.  

DB Daniel Basazinew August 9, 2019 05:01 AM UTC

Hey Munnesh 

Thanks for Your Kindly support I got the issue and its fixed now. the rotator as well as the carousel View s now working perfectly.

Best Regards
Daniel

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team August 12, 2019 06:33 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,  

Thanks for the update. 

We are glad to know that the given solution works. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

DB Daniel Basazinew August 13, 2019 07:10 AM UTC

hello Munessh

We Faced a performance issue on the sfcalander. when selecting date on iOS it is very slow. 

- on iPad

Can u check that please? and any solution for this issue?

Regards

Daniel

GC Ganeshamoorthy Chandramoorthy Syncfusion Team August 13, 2019 02:51 PM UTC

Hi Daniel,

We have checked with your query, we are not able to reproduce any delay or performance issue on selecting a date in Xamarin.Forms iOS with latest calendar version. Could you please confirm whether you are selecting single or multiple range of dates? Also, could you please confirm your current calendar version and elaborate your query by providing more information about the performance issue? So that, it will be helpful for us to analyze and provide you better solution.

Regards,

Ganeshamoorthy C

DB Daniel Basazinew September 11, 2019 11:36 AM UTC

Warm greetings!

As you know we are using your syncfusion Xamarin Form component on our mobile app(we have implemented the two functionalities date picker and carousel view) , yesterday we have released our app on play store. Currently we are getting crash reports related to syncfusion components, which is really worrying us, the crash is increasing drastically, considering our mobile app users, this issue have grate impact, It is kindly request your assistants on this matter as soon as possible

Here I have attached all info related to the crash

Attachment: document_c762e57c.rar

IR Indumathi Ravichandran Syncfusion Team September 12, 2019 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, 

Based on the provided information we have checked the crash, loading the calendar inside the Carousel View. We are unable replicate the issue from our end. We have prepared the simple sample for calendar in CarouselView. Please find the sample from following link. 

Tested Version: 

Tested device: 
Honor 9N  
Redmi device 

Please check the sample and let us know if you still facing the same issue? If not, please modify the sample based on your scenario and revert us back with the following details. 

·       Issue reproducing video (if possible) 
·       Syncfusion and Xamarin.Forms update version 

It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution at the earliest.   

Regards,
Indumathi R 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon