We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Gantt changes dates and how to disable editing for specific cell

Hi,

I have two problems.
1. The Gantt control changes endDate, for example, I provided "2019-07-06T00:00:00Z", but Gantt changes it to Mon Jul 08 2019 08:00:00 GMT+0200.
2. How to disable editing for specific cell? I tried to cancel actionBegin but it didn't work.

Best regards,
Tomasz Tomczykiewicz

Attachment: gantt_e80e0485.zip

4 Replies

PP Pooja Priya Krishna Moorthy Syncfusion Team July 3, 2019 11:31 AM UTC

Hi Tomasz, 

Query 1: The Gantt control changes endDate, for example, I provided "2019-07-06T00:00:00Z", but Gantt changes it to Mon Jul 08 2019 08:00:00 GMT+0200. 
Response: The given end date July 6, which lies on weekend(On Saturday). Hence, it is considered as holidays. So, the start & end dates are calculated internally and render to the next week day (working day) due to includeWeekend Property is false, By default the includeWeekend is false. If we want to consider weekends then we need to use includeWeekend as true, then all the weekends are also considered as working days. Please find the code example below. 

<ejs-gantt :data-source="data" :includeWeekend="true"> 
    //... 
</ejs-gantt> 

Query 2: How to disable editing for specific cell? I tried to cancel actionBegin but it didn't work. 
Response: 
Currently, we don’t have support to disable editing for specific cell. Hence we logged a feature report for this. You can track the status of the feature as below feedback link. 

This feature will be included in our Volume 2, main release which is expected to be rolled out on mid of July 2019. 

Regards, 
Pooja Priya K. 

PP Pooja Priya Krishna Moorthy Syncfusion Team July 5, 2019 09:39 AM UTC

Hi Tomasz, 

Sorry for the inconvenienced caused. Please ignore the previous update. 

Query 2: How to disable editing for specific cell? I tried to cancel actionBegin but it didn't work.  
Response:  
We can disable the editing for specific cell by using cellEdit event. We can set ‘args.cancel’ to true for particular cell in order to cancel the editing action. Please find the code example below. 

<template> 
    <div> 
        <ejs-gantt ref='gantt' :dataSource="data" id="GanttContainer" :cellEdit="cellEdit"> 
            //... 
        </ejs-gantt> 
    </div> 
</template> 
<script> 
    //... 
    methods:{ 
      cellEdit:function (args) { 
       if(args.columnName == 'TaskName' && args.rowData.TaskID == 2) { 
         args.cancel = true 
       } 
      }, 
  } 
</script> 

Please find the below sample link. 

Regards, 
Pooja Priya K 

TT Tomasz Tomczykiewicz July 5, 2019 10:29 AM UTC

Thanks, this is a feature I was looking for.

Best regards,
Tomasz Tomczykiewicz

JA Jesus Arockia Sankaran S Syncfusion Team July 5, 2019 11:14 AM UTC

Hi Tomasz, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Jesus Arockia Sankaran S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon