We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to use default operating system theme

How can I use default operating system theme? All four themes have text blurry in SfDataGrid, but using default operating system theme may be solve this problem.

7 Replies

FP Farjana Parveen Ayubb Syncfusion Team June 28, 2019 12:15 PM UTC

Hi Chis, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion controls. 

We have analyzed your query, we have fixed the text blurry in Office2016 themes in 2018 Volume 4 Syncfusion release, could you please share your Syncfusion product version. 

And currently we don’t have a support for default operating system theme in SfDataGrid. 

Please refer the below screen shot of Office 2016 themes. 

Regards, 
Farjana Parveen A 

CM Chis Marcel July 2, 2019 07:57 AM UTC

Hi Farjan,

Thank you for your answer.

I use Syncfusion Essential Studio version 10.1.0.38 - Windows Forms 2019 Volume 1(I downloaded and installed last month).

I looked in screenshots posted by you. The text of the sfdatagrid control is still blurred.

I still think implementing the default operating system theme would solve the blurry font problem.

Please look at the screenshot of my application and of the example from Syncfusion Control Panel.

Regards,
Marcel Chis

Attachment: ScreenShotOfSfDataGridInMyApplication_8e151a35.zip

FP Farjana Parveen Ayubb Syncfusion Team July 3, 2019 12:48 PM UTC

Hi Chis, 

Thank you for your update. 

We have analyzed your screen shot on our end. It’s blurry only, we have tested in Windows 2007 and Windows 2010 machine, but it’s not blurry on our end, could you please share your machine details like, 

1.       Windows version 
2.       Screen Resolution 

Please find the below screen shot in 2007 and 2010 windows. 

It will be more helpful for us to provide the solution at earliest. 

Regards, 
Farjana Parveen A 

CM Chis Marcel July 4, 2019 09:45 AM UTC

Hi Farjan,

Here are some details about my operating system and my monitor resolution:
  1. Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 2009, Service Pack 1
  2. Display: Philips 192E; Resolution: 1366 x 768 (recommended)
I also want to mention that users who use economic programs do not have a very powerful graphics adapter.

To simplify the text blurry issue of Syncfusion SfDataGrid, I will compare it with the DataGridView control of the Microsoft Windows Forms .NET library.
I have been using this control for years and it does not have blurry text.
I made a project with a window where I used both Syncfusion SfDataGrid control and Microsoft Windows Forms .NET DataGridView control for comparison. I will send in attachment a screen shot of the project running on my computer. As you can see the text of the Syncfusion SfDataGrid control is blurry compared to Microsoft Windows Forms .NET DataGridView.  For this project we used Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015, .NET framework 4.6, Syncfusion Essential Studio version 17.1.0.38, Microsoft SQL Server LocalDB 2012 (SP4). You can run and test this project to see the differences on your computer.

Regards,
Marcel Chis

Attachment: .NET_DataGridView_vs_Syncfusion_SfDataGrid_text_blurry_b912a40f.zip

FP Farjana Parveen Ayubb Syncfusion Team July 6, 2019 11:58 AM UTC

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for the update. 

We couldn’t change the default text color of the DataGrid as this will break the existing customers. But, we will consider the system theme support for DataGrid. Moreover, we suggest you the workaround to overcome the text blurry like appearance. Please make use of the below code. SystemColors will provide the corresponding Operating System’s color. 

this.sfDataGrid1.Style.GroupDropAreaStyle.TextColor = SystemColors.WindowText; 
this.sfDataGrid1.Style.GroupDropAreaItemStyle.TextColor = SystemColors.WindowText; 
this.sfDataGrid1.Style.HeaderStyle.TextColor = SystemColors.WindowText; 

//To set the textcolor for all other rows. 
this.sfDataGrid1.QueryRowStyle += SfDataGrid1_QueryRowStyle; 

private void SfDataGrid1_QueryRowStyle(object sender, Syncfusion.WinForms.DataGrid.Events.QueryRowStyleEventArgs e) 
{ 
     //This will set the textcolor for all other rows. 
     e.Style.TextColor = SystemColors.WindowText; 
} 

Please find the feedback link for follow up. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming release.    

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then.   

We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts.   

Regards, 
Farjana Parveen A 

CM Chis Marcel July 8, 2019 07:58 AM UTC

Hi Farjan,

I added the code you sent, but the text of the SfDataGrid control is still blurry. The purpose of adding the default operating system theme is to solve the blurred text problem. DevExpress controls have an option that resolves the blurred text problem(for grid). I think you should implement an option to solve the blurred text problem on all the available themes of SfDataGrid control. You may add this feature to the next versions.

I'm sending you a screen shot of the runing project (which I sent you before), after I added the code lines you posted.

Regards,
Marcel Chis

Attachment: .NET_DataGridView_vs_Syncfusion_SfDataGrid_text_blurry__after_additional_code_added_7f2d8523.zip

FP Farjana Parveen Ayubb Syncfusion Team July 9, 2019 05:10 AM UTC

Hi Chis, 

Thank you for your update. 

As we promised earlier we considered to provide support for “Operating System theme support for DataGrid” and logged feature request for the same. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming release.  

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Thank you for requesting this feature and helping us define it. We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts. 

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal and cast your vote to make it count. 

Regards, 
Farjana Parveen A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon