We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How can i add slide effect to pointer ?

Hi. 
I would like to allow the user to swipe left or right to and change the value of the pointer with some animation.
Is that possible to do ? 

Here is what i have : 
```
            <gauge:SfLinearGauge>
                <gauge:SfLinearGauge.Scales>
                    <gauge:LinearScale MinorTicksPerInterval="0" LabelColor="#0B5799" MinimumValue="1" MaximumValue="5" Interval="1" ScaleBarSize="20" LabelOffset="-5">
                        <gauge:LinearScale.GradientStops>
                            <gauge:GaugeGradientStop Value="1" Color="#4994C5"/>
                            <gauge:GaugeGradientStop Value="2" Color="#298AC7"/>
                            <gauge:GaugeGradientStop Value="3" Color="#1679C5"/>
                            <gauge:GaugeGradientStop Value="4" Color="#096BBC"/>
                            <gauge:GaugeGradientStop Value="5" Color="#0F5194"/>
                        </gauge:LinearScale.GradientStops>
                        <gauge:LinearScale.MajorTickSettings>
                            <gauge:LinearTickSettings Thickness="1" Color ="Black" Length ="5" Offset ="0" />
                        </gauge:LinearScale.MajorTickSettings>
                        <gauge:LinearScale.Pointers>
                            <gauge:SymbolPointer Value="1" EnableAnimation="True" Color="#0B5799" x:Name="ponteiro"/>
                        </gauge:LinearScale.Pointers>
                    </gauge:LinearScale>
                </gauge:SfLinearGauge.Scales>
            </gauge:SfLinearGauge>
```

3 Replies

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team June 24, 2019 01:23 PM UTC

Hi Kelve, 

We have checked your requirements in our side. Could please confirm whether you want to drag the pointer or update the pointer value when swiping the pointer? This will be helpful to provide you a better solution at the earliest.  
Also, have prepared the demo to show the pointer dragging in CircularGauge. Could you confirm us as whether you want the same behavior in LinearGauge? 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

KN Kelve Neto June 24, 2019 08:14 PM UTC

Hi.
Yes. this is exactly what i would like to be able to do with linear gauge. Just like it shows in the video.
I think it would be great if linear gauge also had a circle indicating the value, again(like it is in the video).

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team June 26, 2019 06:34 AM UTC

Hi Kelve, 

Please find the response of your queries. 

Query 1: Can I drag pointer as like in circular gauge with linear gauge. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Currently we don’t have support to drag the pointers in SfLinearGauge control. We have considered this as feature request and this feature will be available in any of our upcoming releases. You can now track the status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Query 2: Regarding the circle for indicating the value. 

The circle indicator is not related to the SfCircularGauge pointer dragging feature. For video demo, we have internally enabled the ShowTaps(Settings – DeveloperOptions – ShowTaps in Moto G device) touch effect in our device for indicate the touch interactions. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon