We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Combo charts

Hello, 

Is it possible to have combo charts? E.g. a chart with both a column and line chart?

regards
Raghav

4 Replies

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team June 19, 2019 06:53 AM UTC

Hi Raghav, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

You can change the chart type for each series in chartSeriesCreated event. Please refer the following code snippet to achieve the reported requirement. 

Code Snippet: 
var pivotGridObj = new ej.pivotview.PivotView({ 
    displayOption: { view: "Chart" }, 
    chartSeriesCreated: (args) => { 
        for (var pos = 0; pos < args.series.length; pos++) { 
            if (pos % 2 == 0) { 
                args.series[pos].type = 'Line'; 
            } 
        } 
    }, 
    chartSettings: { 
      title: "Sales Analysis", 
      chartSeries: { type: "Column" }, 
    } 
  }); 
  pivotGridObj.appendTo("#PivotView"); 

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav  

RA Raghav June 21, 2019 12:07 PM UTC

Hello Dinesh, 

First of all Thanks for the help. Dinesh, The code you shared with its not working. I am using toolbar in syncfusion. When ever I changed the chart type dropdown it show online chart type of line.I am sharing the two screenshot with you. Please look into this. 

Regards
Raghav

Attachment: Desktop_832f8ed2.rar

RA Raghav June 21, 2019 01:22 PM UTC

Hello Dinesh,

I have one query. When I set one chart type is "Line" and another is "Bar" then in pivotchart two chart of line type is visible. Can you please tell me its a bug or default behavior of plugin. I have attached the screenshot. Please look into this and help me on my query. 

Regards
Raghav

Attachment: code_example_f82e821e.rar

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team June 24, 2019 09:05 AM UTC

Hi Raghav, 

Please find the response below. 

Query 
Comments 
First of all, Thanks for the help. Dinesh, the code you shared with its not working. I am using toolbar in syncfusion. Whenever I changed the chart type dropdown it shows online chart type of line. I am sharing the two screenshots with you. Please look into this.  
In the sample, we have applied ‘Line’ chart type for two series. And, we suspect that, Column series are hidden due to large data. You can check this problem with using scroll/ zoom options in pivot chart. Please refer the following screenshot. 

I have one query. When I set one chart type is "Line" and another is "Bar" then in pivotchart two chart of line type is visible. Can you please tell me it’s a bug or default behavior of plugin? I have attached the screenshot. Please look into this and help me on my query.  
You cannot combine Bar/Polar chart to other chart types. It’ is the default behavior of the chart. 

Please let us know if any concerns. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon