We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem when upgrading Dashboard Server from version 3.1 to 3.2.0.71

Dear support team,

I want to ask you something.

I already upgrade the version of Dashboard Server from version 3.1 to 3.2.0.71. But i have a problem now.
When i want to access the dashboard server from local computer with the link like i used usually, the link automatically goes directly to user management server's link. Should i re-configure the port number and host name to access the dashboard server in Internet Information Services?  
For your information,
i used:
- port 80 and host name : bi.aprisma.sys for dashboard server
- port 8081 for user management server.

I still want to access the dashboard server with link "bi.aprisma.sys", is it possible or not? Because when i try to access the dashboard server using that link, it's automatically goes directly to localhost:8081, where the port is belong to user management server.

Thank you so much for your attention.
Best Regards,

Juliana

3 Replies

SM Sankarlingam M Syncfusion Team June 17, 2019 04:13 AM UTC

Hi Juliana,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.  

Our latest version of Dashboard Server comes with User Management Server which is a common IdP for managing users and groups. If you want to access Dashboard Server outside the machine via IIS, you need to host both Dashboard Server and User Management Server in IIS and assign DNS for both the applications.  

I still want to access the dashboard server with link "bi.aprisma.sys", is it possible or not? 
Yes. It is possible.  

You need to add bindings to UMS in IIS with the existing domain name "bi.aprisma.sys" and port number as “8081”(or a new DNS accessible outside the machine).  

Now the UMS will be working outside the machine with DNS “bi.aprisma.sys:8081”.  

Now the same has to be updated in the Dashboard Server config.xml file. Please refer the below help documentation link,  

Because when i try to access the dashboard server using that link, it's automatically goes directly to localhost:8081, where the port is belong to user management server. 
This is because, the User Management Server which is to be redirected by the Dashboard Server is stored in the Dashboard Server config.xml file. If you follow the above step and change the URL in those files, it will be redirected to the mentioned DNS instead of localhost.  

Thanks, 
Sankar 

BJ Birgita Juliana June 17, 2019 06:46 AM UTC

Hi Sankar,
I have tried the solution that you gave and it's working.
Thank you so much for your help.

Best Regards,

Juliana

SM Sankarlingam M Syncfusion Team June 17, 2019 07:01 AM UTC

Hi Juliana,  

You are welcome. Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.  

Thanks, 
Sankar  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon