We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

iOS App rejected for using HealthKit and other privacy information.

Hi,
We are using Sync following Syncfusion controls for our Xamarin.Forms project and the app is currently Live.
We were using version 16.4.0.54

Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfBadgeView
Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfComboBox
Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfGauge
Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfImageEditor
Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfDataGrid
Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfListView

Recently we have upgraded the version to 17.1.0.48 for all those controls plus added below new control 
Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfChart

After this update I have receieved following errors when I uploaded the ipa to Apple. 
ITMS-90683: Missing Purpose String in Info.plist - Your app's code references one or more APIs that access sensitive user data. The app's Info.plist file should contain a NSContactsUsageDescription 
NSCalendarsUsageDescription 
NSMicrophoneUsageDescription 
NSAppleMusicUsageDescription 
NSSiriUsageDescription 
NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription 
NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription 

I am not using any of that information in my app. Even then I have added those keys into my info.plist to get the app processed to Apple Itunes Connect.

Than I submitted the app to Apple's review and got rejected with following error

Guideline 2.5.1 - Performance - Software Requirements

We noticed that your app uses HealthKit, but your app does not appear to include any primary features that require health or fitness data. 

The intended use of HealthKit is to share health or fitness data with other apps or devices, and it should be used only in apps that require this data as a part of the app's core functionality. 

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please remove any HealthKit functionality from your app, as well as any references to this app’s interactivity with HealthKit from the app or its metadata. This includes removing any HealthKit-related keys in your app's Info.plist as well as removing any calls to HealthKit APIs, including those from 3rd party platforms, from your app.

We haven't changed or added any new features other than following two
  1. Upgraded the controls to version 17.1.0.48 
  2. Added Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfChart to the project 
I strongly believe the SyncFusion controls are trying to access that privacy information. What should I do to disallow it.

5 Replies

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team June 13, 2019 09:56 AM UTC

Hi Synchro, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. Using Syncfusion controls, we will not get any privacy or sensitive information. We suspect that your application only trying to retrieve some sensitive date from the users. 

To confirm this, please use Syncfusion old version 16.4.0.54 with your current application and submit it to review. If it is rejected again, the problem is in your application configuration only. 

We noticed that your app uses HealthKit, but your app does not appear to include any primary features that require health or fitness data.  

The same issue faced by someone and raised a question in the below forum link. In that, solution provided by a developer on Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:51 am. Please try that solution in your application Info.plist and remove the unwanted code from there.  

Regards, 
Bharathi. 

HG Hubert Graham December 19, 2020 07:09 AM UTC

I am having similar issues. When I remove the syncfusion controls from my project all issues are gone. When i 'link Framework SDKs only' and include the syncfusion controls, application is frozen at launch screen 

SS Suganya Sethuraman Syncfusion Team December 21, 2020 04:40 PM UTC

Hi Hubert,

Greetings from Syncfusion.

We have analyzed the reported issue. Can you please provide the following details

1. What are the Syncfusion controls used

2. Are you facing the same issues or similar issues. If you are facing similar issues, please provide additional details on the exact issue.

Regards,
Suganya Sethuraman.

RH richard hunte April 20, 2022 12:37 PM UTC

I had the same problem, only not IOS, but on https://sirinsoftware.com/

JK Jeya Kasipandi Syncfusion Team April 22, 2022 05:46 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

Can you please provide the following details?

1. Can you share the error faced in your application and share more information about your application?

2. Describe the Syncfusion controls that are used in your application.

This will be helpful to investigate the issue and provide a possible solution at the earliest.

Regards,

Jeya K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon