We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

solve replace and delete bookmarks content

hi,
can i have a solution to the current problem,
in the sample attached i give a word document that containt  bookmark
i want just to replace or delete the content of the bookmark
but the program stop ??

Dim a As WordDocument = New WordDocument(chemin + "\testword\Template.doc", FormatType.Doc)
        Dim bknav As BookmarksNavigator = New BookmarksNavigator(a)
        bknav.MoveToBookmark("conclusionMiss0000")

bknav.DeleteBookmarkContent(True) ??

bknav.ReplaceBookmarkContent("test remplissage", True) ??

thanks

Attachment: sample_f064df59.zip

6 Replies

VA Vijayasurya Anandhan Syncfusion Team June 13, 2019 02:26 PM UTC

Hi AtliDev,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We can reproduce and confirm the issue with “Application hangs while delete or replace bookmark” is a defect. We have logged a defect report. The fix for this defect will be included in our upcoming 2019 Volume 2 SP1 release, which is estimated to be available in the end of July tentatively.

Note: The patch for the reported issue is estimated to be available on 4th July 2019. If you need patch for the issue, please let us know your current product version, which will be helpful for us to provide patch.

Regards,
Vijayasurya A

MJ Mohanaselvam Jothi Syncfusion Team July 9, 2019 04:07 AM UTC

Hi AtliDev,

Thank you for your patience.

We have fixed the reported “Application hangs while delete or replace bookmark” issue and it will be included in our 2019 Volume 2 SP1 release, which is expected to be available in August, tentatively.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Mohanaselvam J 

AT AtliDev July 10, 2019 09:49 AM UTC

hi ,
there is a new release , but the bug is not fixed yet.
the bug will be rectify ?
thanks

PR Poorani Rajendran Syncfusion Team July 10, 2019 10:27 AM UTC

Hi AtliDev,

Thank you for your update.

We are in final stage of our 2019 Volume 2 release so, we have not included the fix for application hangs while delete or replace bookmark in this release, which is expected to be rolled out by end of this week. As we promised earlier, we will include this fix in our upcoming 2019 Volume 2 Service Pack 1 release, which is expected to be available in August, tentatively.

Note: If you need patch for this fix, please let us know the currently installed Essential Studio version at your end. Thereby, we will proceed to provide patch for this fix.

Regards,
Poorani Rajendran

AT AtliDev July 12, 2019 04:31 PM UTC

Hi,
I have know the last release 17.2.0.34,
I test if the bug is fix, but the problem persists.

thanks

PR Poorani Rajendran Syncfusion Team July 15, 2019 05:47 AM UTC

Hi AtliDev,

Thank you for your update.

As mentioned our earlier update (
Updated on 7/10/2019), we have not included the fix for application hangs while delete or replace bookmark in our last release(17.2.0.34).So the reported problem is not fixed in that last release(17.2.0.34). As we promised earlier, we will include this fix in our upcoming 2019 Volume 2 Service Pack 1 release, which is expected to be available in August, tentatively.

Note: If you need patch for this fix, please let us know the currently installed Essential Studio version at your end. Thereby, we will proceed to provide patch for this fix.

Regards,
Poorani Rajendran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon