We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Chart Properties & Unknown exceptions

Hi,

Years ago I tried out this control but abandoned it after dealing with numerous glitches. I am trying to come back to it however. I feel like this control has a tremendous amount of potential but also seems to be the least complete control in the syncfusion library.

So, I have a couple of questions.

1) Is there any documentation on the chart properties. I can't seem to find any. I have experimented with various properties but a lot of them don't seem to work properly, so I would like to refer to official documentation, but cant find any on the chart options. One example of properties not working is series shadows. I have tried all available properties for shadows but shadows do not appear at runtime. Changing the chart at runtime seems to have several issues as you cant change chart types at runtime (with a few exceptions that do work) without crashing the app (but with no exception).

2) There are many instances when doing simple things, like scrolling down or to the side on docs with several hundred rows that prompt the infamous red 'X'. I assume these are some type of exceptions being thrown during paint or invalidate. Is there any way to catch these errors before the red x happens so the spreadsheet control doesn't crash? Also, is there any way to tell what the actual exceptions are?

Again, this control is really cool and has great potential, but also seems to be somewhat neglected and glitch.

I am using version: 16.2.0.41

thanks!

1 Reply

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team June 3, 2019 11:34 AM UTC

Hi Travis, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. 

Query 
Response 
 Is there any documentation on the chart properties. I can't seem to find any. I have experimented with various properties but a lot of them don't seem to work properly, so I would like to refer to official documentation, but cant find any on the chart options. One example of properties not working is series shadows. I have tried all available properties for shadows but shadows do not appear at runtime. Changing the chart at runtime seems to have several issues as you cant change chart types at runtime 
Spreadsheet control does have the support to load the chart control using AddGraphicChartCellRenderer method which is available in Syncfusion.SpreadsheetHelper.Windows. Please refer the following UG link, 

Please refer the Dashboard sample in following location, 
There are many instances when doing simple things, like scrolling down or to the side on docs with several hundred rows that prompt the infamous red 'X'. I assume these are some type of exceptions being thrown during paint or invalidate. Is there any way to catch these errors before the red x happens so the spreadsheet control doesn't crash? Also, is there any way to tell what the actual exceptions are? 
We need to check your application to see what and all customizations are have you done in your application to render the chart in our SpreadsheetControl. So, if it is possible please share your application to check your reported scenario. It will be more helpful for us to investigate further and provide the solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon