We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Asp.Net Core - Rich Text Editor - render error

Hi,
when trying to add two RTE elements I'll often get following error:
What does it mean? both have different id's, so it should be fine, right?
<main class="page lanidng-page">
<section class="portfolio-block block-intro">
<div class="card" style="margin:30px">
<div class="card-body" style="background-color: #e7e7e7;">
<h4 class="card-title">
What is...
h4>
<ejs-richtexteditor id="questEditor" value="@Model.DailyLearnContent?.Question" name="quest">
<e-richtexteditor-insertimagesettings path="../uploadedImages/">e-richtexteditor-insertimagesettings>
<e-richtexteditor-toolbarsettings items="@ViewData["EmptyToolbar"]">e-richtexteditor-toolbarsettings>
<e-content-template>e-content-template>
ejs-richtexteditor>
div>
div>
<div>
<button class="btn btn-outline-primary btn-lg" type="button" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#showAnswer" aria-expanded="false" aria-controls="showAnswer">
show answer
button>
div>
section>
<div id="showAnswer" class="collapse">
the answer is:
<ejs-richtexteditor id="ansEditor" value="@Model.DailyLearnContent?.Answer" name="ans">
<e-richtexteditor-insertimagesettings path="../uploadedImages/">e-richtexteditor-insertimagesettings>
<e-richtexteditor-toolbarsettings items="@ViewData["EmptyToolbar"]">e-richtexteditor-toolbarsettings>
<e-content-template>e-content-template>
ejs-richtexteditor>
div>
main>

3 Replies

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team May 31, 2019 05:53 AM UTC

Hello Felix, 

Good day to you. 

From the shared code snippet, it seems you have missed closing the tags properly for the RichTextEditor. So kindly make sure all tags are properly closed. We have prepared a sample for the reported scenario, unfortunately we have not been able to replicate your problem. 

The test sample can be found from the following location: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/144946/ze/forum85214912  

Let us know if you are still facing any problems. 

Regards, 
Prince 

FE Felix June 5, 2019 05:19 PM UTC

Hi Prince,

thx for your response. The closing tags got lost during copy/paste obviously. I'll have them in my project.
It turned out it was an issue with the toolbar settings. 
After I removed 

it worked. Not sure why because this ViewData exists. Than I initiated it like

[ViewData]
public object[] EmptyToolbar { get; } = {};
and it worked without this error.

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team June 6, 2019 07:09 AM UTC

Hello Felix, 

Most welcome. We are glad that the issue is resolved in your end. Let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Prince 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon