We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sample for MiniToolbar with RichTextBox formatting

I am needing a RichTextBox on my WinForms application that has BASIC text formatting capabilities such as bold, italics, underline, color and alignment. I ran into the MiniToolbar control that shows exactly what I am looking for but when I use it none of the text formatting items are there.

Where do I find the appropriate sample online? The link below has just plain information.

3 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team May 28, 2019 02:10 PM UTC

Hi Emilio, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

Based on the information provided, the ToolStripItems click events can be used to achieve your  
requirement of "MiniToolBar with RichTextBox formatting" in WinForms.  

We have prepared sample based on your requirement,   

In the sample, we did the text formatting, bold, italic, underline and TextHighLight color according to your requirement. 

We hope this helps. Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

EG Emilio Grimaldo May 28, 2019 07:58 PM UTC

Thanks! I am playing with it and modifying the sample so that I can apply several attributes (bold+italics for example) and that is working fine. Haven´t quite figured out how to get the SplitButton to pop up the color picker dialog but I changed it to use a regular toolstripbutton and pop up the ColorUI control when it gets clicked.

In the sample there is something I do not understand and that is that the B|I|U|A buttons are not declared as child items of the MiniToolbar, but rather as great grandchildren. First there is a panel as single child item of the toolbar. Then there is another panel as child of that first panel (grandchile) and then on this 2nd panel the buttons are defined as great.grandchildren. Is there a particular reason for that?

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team May 29, 2019 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Emilio, 

Thank you for the update. 

We have prepared the sample for ToolStripSplitButton with pop up the ColorPickerUIControl and there is no reason for adding the button as grandchildren of MiniToolBar, we just customize our sample. Now, we have modified the sample and add the ToolStripButton as direct child of MiniToolBar. 

Please refer the following sample, 

Please let us know, if you have any query.

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon