We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

I can't format the header Text because the sidebar only shows Header Options

Good morning

Here my list of issues with DocumentEditor

1. When using DocumentEditor Header an average user can't format the Header Text because the sidebar only shows Header options and no Text Options. Therefore tt would be nice showing the Textformat option while I am in the header similar with what you did with the table options, where we can switch between Text and Table options in the sidebar. 

2. If I use the mouse right-click method it gives me the possibility to change Table Options when I am inside a table inside the header, but then it is not possible to change the Text Color! (Changing the TextColor inside a table inside the header is not possible.)

4. It would be nice for an average user having the possibility to format a table inside the header without Mouse-right-click but with sidebar options instead. 

5. table background color inside the header is lost when exported as docx file! 

6. Would be great if we could move images around in the document. 

Thank you very much for your help

I wish you a great day.

T. 

4 Replies

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team May 27, 2019 10:31 AM UTC

Hi Thomas, 

Please find the response for your queries as below. 

Text formatting options inside header  
You can enable the text format options side bar when selection inside header by clicking the show/hide pane option in toolbar.  

Please check below screenshot:  

When header is enabled, initial time header pane will open. Then, click the highlighted icon in toolbar. It will close the header pane then provide the options to text format.  

From this without mouse right click, you can use sidebar options.  

table background color inside the header is lost when exported as docx file!   

We can able to reproduce the reported issue in table background color missing in exported document. Currently, we are validating the issue and we will get back to you by May 29, 2019.  

Note: If you apply background color from sidebar options, table background color is exported properly.  

move images around in the document.   
Could you please explain in details if you are looking for wrapping styles or drag and drop images into DocumentEditor.   

Regards, 
Ramya T 

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team May 29, 2019 10:29 AM UTC

Hi Thomas,  

We have validated the reported issue and we have logged a defect report for the issue in table background color is lost when exporting the document. We will fix this issue and include this fix in our next EJ2 patch release which is scheduled on June 19, 2019.     

Regards, 
Ramya T 

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team June 19, 2019 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Thomas, 

We have fixed the reported issue with table background color. We don’t have our weekly patch releases for upcoming weeks due to our Volume 2 release schedule. We will include this fix for the issue in our Volume 2 release on mid of July 2019. 

We will get back to you once our Volume 2 release is rolled out. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team July 17, 2019 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Thomas 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2019 Volume 2  release v17.2.0.34  is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. We have included the fix for the reported issue in this release. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon