We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

24 hour format in scheduler

Hi,

I am working with 

<PackageReference Include="Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.NewtonsoftJson" Version="3.0.0-preview5-19227-01" />
    <PackageReference Include="Syncfusion.EJ2.AspNet.Core.RazorComponents" Version="17.1.0.47-beta" />

Is there a way to change the scheduler to 24 hour format as locale is not working yet? I was able to change DateFormat but there is no TimeFormat property.

regards

Uwe Hein

10 Replies

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team May 22, 2019 08:21 AM UTC

Hi Uwe, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

The time mode of the Scheduler can be either 12 or 24 hours format which is completely based on the locale set to the Scheduler. Currently the localization support is not available for Blazor components and already logged the feature request which can be tracked from the below link. Feature will be included in JS2 weekly patch release on June 4, 2019. 

Regards, 
Karthi 

UH Uwe Hein June 11, 2019 05:00 PM UTC

Hi,

testing with 17.1.0.51-beta Locale="de-DE" is not yet working in scheduler.

regards

Uwe

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team June 12, 2019 11:01 AM UTC

Hi Uwe, 

Thanks for your update. 

We have checked the reported case in v.17.1.0.51-beta and locale is working fine at our end. We have prepared the below sample with ‘de’ culture for your reference. Kindly try the sample and let us know for further assistance.  

Please use the below json file (wwwroot/css/de/locale.json) to customize the Scheduler locale words to ‘de’ culture. 

<div class="col-lg-12 control-section"> 
    <div class="schedule-wrapper"> 
        <EjsSchedule id="schedule" Locale="de" Width="100%" Height="650px" SelectedDate="new DateTime(2019, 1, 10)"> 
        </EjsSchedule> 
    </div> 
</div> 

@functions{ 

protected override void OnAfterRender() 
    { 
        this.JsRuntime.Ejs().EnableRipple(true).LoadLocaleData("wwwroot/css/de/locale.json").LoadCldrData(new string[] { "wwwroot/css/de/numberingSystems.json", "wwwroot/css/de/ca-gregorian.json", "wwwroot/css/de/numbers.json", "wwwroot/css/de/timeZoneNames.json" }); 
    } 

} 

Regards, 
Karthi 

UH Uwe Hein June 12, 2019 04:19 PM UTC

Karthi,

thank you for your quick reply. It is working OK (If you know how  ) 2 things to mention ...

The German Umlaute are not displayed correctly and some translations could be corrected.
In the edit window date and time picker are still in the US format.

If you are interested I could send you my (not completely corrected) locale.json.

regards

Uwe

HB Hareesh Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team June 13, 2019 05:50 PM UTC

Hi Uwe, 

Thank you for your update. 

The German Umlaute are displayed incorrectly as you reported, we have considered this as a bug and we will get this fixed in our upcoming volume 2 beta release which is expected to be roll out by end of this month, June 2019. 
We appreciate your help and please share us your locale.json file, we could use it for validating our locale file and to make necessary corrections.  
Also as you reported, the date and time picker still remains in the US format in ‘de’ locale, we have noted this issue and have created a feedback portal to track this issue. We will fix also this issue in our upcoming public beta of 2019 volume 2 release. 

Regards, 
Hareesh B 

UH Uwe Hein June 18, 2019 03:02 PM UTC

@Hareesh B

sorry for taking so long. I corrected all of the unusual german translations in locale.json I could find. In addition to that I also corrected the umlaute problem. The "52" Version seems to work with preview 6 after some adjustments to the - Resources="@resourceData" - statement.

regards

Uwe

Attachment: locale_50291c31.zip

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team June 19, 2019 09:35 AM UTC

HI Uwe, 

We are happy that your issue resolved in latest version. We will validate the shared json file and will modify the German words for RecurrenceEditor and Scheduler component in Volume 2 beta release as promised earlier. We appreciate your contribution to correct the localized words. 

Regards, 
Karthi 

RZ Riccardo Zucchetto August 1, 2019 12:15 PM UTC

Hi Karthigeyan,
I have noticed that in the client-server version (so, not the server only but the one with the .Client, .Server and .Shared projects) of Blazor the localization doesn't work.
I have tried putting the files in the wwwroot folder, in the .Client project, and tried loading it in the same way you suggested (LoadLocaleData("wwwroot/css/de/locale.json") etc...), but Blazor can't find neither the wwwroot folder nor other subfolders.

Am I doing something wrong or client-side localization is not supported yet?

Thank you,
Riccardo

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team August 7, 2019 03:14 PM UTC

Hi Riccardo 

Sorry for the delay. 

We could reproduce the reported issue with Client Blazor application. We are validating with high priority and will provide the further details with timeline for the fix on August 8, 2019. 

Regards, 
Karthi 

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team August 8, 2019 10:39 AM UTC

Hi Riccardo, 

We have logged the below bug report for the reported case “localization not working in Client Blazor”. The fix will be included in biweekly release on August 19, 2019. 

Regards, 
Karthi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon