We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Making DropdownGrid example behave like GDBGwithDropGrids

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

14468 May 27,2004 08:28 AM May 27,2004 02:16 PM Windows Forms 3
Tags: GridControl
James Tran
Asked On May 27, 2004 08:28 AM

The GDBGwithDropGrids example (see attachment) has a drop down grid that behaves like a combobox (click on selection, dropdown closes automatically, parent cell shows the selection). What would I need to do to make the DropdownGrid example have this behavior? The GDBGwithDropGrids example is too complex for me to understand. GDBGwithDropGrids_9344.zip

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 27, 2004 08:43 AM

I think the cell you are talking about in the GDBGwithDropDowns is a GridListControl cell type. So, to get this cell control in any grid, you would set: style.CellType = "GridListControl"; style.DataSource = someDatatable; style.DisplayMember = somePropertyInTheDataTable; style.ValueMember = someOtherPropertyInThedataTable; You can see samples of the GridListControl dropdown cell in the grid\samples\celltypes\ComboBoxes folder.

James Tran
Replied On May 27, 2004 01:38 PM

With the GridListControl, can you give an example that does not use datasource and has more than 2 columns? >I think the cell you are talking about in the GDBGwithDropDowns is a GridListControl cell type. So, to get this cell control in any grid, you would set: > > >style.CellType = "GridListControl"; >style.DataSource = someDatatable; >style.DisplayMember = somePropertyInTheDataTable; >style.ValueMember = someOtherPropertyInThedataTable; > > >You can see samples of the GridListControl dropdown cell in the grid\samples\celltypes\ComboBoxes folder.

James Tran
Replied On May 27, 2004 02:16 PM

I got it working now. I thought you had to specify which columns in the datatable to display but it just displays everything. >With the GridListControl, can you give an example that does not use datasource and has more than 2 columns? > >>I think the cell you are talking about in the GDBGwithDropDowns is a GridListControl cell type. So, to get this cell control in any grid, you would set: >> >> >>style.CellType = "GridListControl"; >>style.DataSource = someDatatable; >>style.DisplayMember = somePropertyInTheDataTable; >>style.ValueMember = someOtherPropertyInThedataTable; >> >> >>You can see samples of the GridListControl dropdown cell in the grid\samples\celltypes\ComboBoxes folder.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;