We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to resize the row based on the Height of multi-line textbox cell and multi-line for GridMultiColumnDropDownList?

Hello!

How can I change the height of a row when editing a cell using TextBox (VerticalScrollBarVisibility is set Disabled) and  using multi-line GridMultiColumnDropDownList? 

The row height change must be during editing.

I have read the following articles but it did not help to solve my problem:
https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/7446/how-to-adjust-row-heights-of-each-row-based-on-their-content
https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/9355/how-to-resize-the-row-based-on-the-height-of-multi-line-textbox-entry

I attach code samples.

Jarek

Attachment: Example_6619eab3.zip

2 Replies

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team May 17, 2019 01:53 PM UTC

Hi Jaroslaw, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We have analyzed your query to update the row height based on content during editing itself when using TextBox and GridMultiColumnDropDownList. We are currently working to achieve your requirement and we will update you with further details on 21st May,2019. 

We will appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav.  

SP Shobika Palani Syncfusion Team May 21, 2019 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Jaroslaw, 

Thanks for your patience. 

We have analyzed your requirement to resize the row based on the content while editing itself with TextBox and MultiDropDownControl. You requirement can be achieved by calculating the cell height based on content in edit mode using ColumnSizer.GetAutoCellHeight method. Also you need to update the scrollbar for proper key navigation and scrolling.  

We have prepared a sample based on the code files you have provided to achieve your requirement. Please find it from the below link. 
Sample Link: 

Please let us know, if you require any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Shobika. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon