We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Does Syncfusion have an equivalent to DevExpress' Clip Corner Radius?

Just recently started with Syncfusion and was wondering if they have an equivalent to DevExpress' Clip Corner Radius? 

It's a property that can be attached to any ui element in XAML and it would clip the corners of that element based on the property's double value

I generally use it on a data grid to create a round border while maintaining the design of the table as a whole (I don't like placing it inside a border and setting the margin)

8 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team May 14, 2019 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Mark, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have check with your query “Does Syncfusion have an equivalent to DevExpress' Clip Corner Radius?”. In WPF platform, more over all our controls has Corner Radius property and it would clip the elements based on the property value. It would be helpful, if you are provided with the list of controls. So that we can check and confirm you as earlier as possible. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V    

MA Mark May 15, 2019 06:09 AM UTC

The control I currently wanted to clip was the SFDataGrid. But I'd use this on other ui elements as well so I'm not particularly keen on going into the Data Grid's Style and fixing it there, I need more of a general way of clipping any ui element's corners just like with DevExpress'

I just use this code:

Grid dx:FrameworkElementHelper.ClipCornerRadius="{StaticResource GeneralCornerRadius}"

/Grid

Then boom, corners are clipped, if any children of that grid goes outside the clipped area, it'll be clipped as well. This could be applied to any ui element I want as well.

SP Shobika Palani Syncfusion Team May 15, 2019 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Mark, 

We have analyzed your query to have rounded corners for the datagrid and its inner elements. We are currently validating the feasibility to achieve your requirement. We will update you with more details on 17th May,2019. 

We will appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Shobika. 

MA Mark May 15, 2019 02:37 PM UTC

No no, not just the Data Grid, this is why I didn't specify it at first because you'll think I just want to re-style the Data Grid. I specifically said that I'll be using this on ANY ui element and just gave the Data Grid as an example. 

Are we on the same page here? Or do I have to create a presentation or even edit a video to relay what I need? I'm being serious, please tell me right now because it's been 48 hours already and we haven't even established what I really need.

For the last time, I'm asking for a similar function to DevExpress' to Clip Corner Radius. 

What's a Clip Corner Radius? You simply add it into ANY ui element like a Grid, StackPanel, Border, Textbox, Button, etc like the implementation I posted above and it simply cuts out the corners visually depending on the double value you set on it (in the case of my example, it references to a double value I specified in my App.xaml with the resource key of "GeneralCornerRadius")

MA Mark May 15, 2019 03:07 PM UTC

I did create the video regardless, just to support what I'm trying to say, here's what it looks like: https://gfycat.com/SpotlessPlayfulBeauceron

SP Shobika Palani Syncfusion Team May 16, 2019 01:24 PM UTC

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for your update. 

We understand your requirement to have helper to set CornerRadius for all the UI elements. We are currently validating the feasibility to achieve this requirement and update you with further details on 17th May,2019 as promised earlier. 

We will appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Shobika. 

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team May 17, 2019 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Mark, 

We have analyzed your query and currently we do not have support to set corner radius for all WPF controls using helper. We have logged this requirement as a feature request in our database. We don’t have any immediate plans to implement this feature. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then.  

Here we are facing some issue with our feedback portal and so we will share the feedback link to track the status of this report on  20th May,2019. 

Regards,  
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team May 20, 2019 06:10 AM UTC

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for your patience. 

As we mentioned in our previous update, we have created a feedback for your reported feature and we request you to log in to the below link to view further.   

If you have any more specification replication procedure or a scenario to be tested you can add it as a comment in the portal.  

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon