We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfRotator with button in datatemplate does not fire click event

Hi
I am getting familiar with SfRotator and I have code as follows,but the click event does not fire on physical device .

I needed to have a "Skip" button . Does the sfrotator handle only images?

Kind of confused which control is more suited "Carousel or Rotator". I do need to be full screen and with dots and ideally using custom views (xaml only)

Sorry for img pic  but could not find "code" link

7 Replies

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team May 13, 2019 08:53 AM UTC

Hi Dev,

Greetings from Syncfusion.  

Query 1: Kind of confused which control is more suited "Carousel or Rotator". I do need to be full screen and with dots and ideally using custom views (xaml only).  

SfRotator control is suitable for your requirement, because carousel control doesn't have any navigation stripes. 

Query 2: SfRotator with button in datatemplate doesn't fire the click event. 

We have tried to replicate the reported "SfRotator with button in datatemplate does not fire click event" issue at our end by created a sample based on provided code snippet. Since we are not aware of your exact application scenario, so we request you to try our sample and can you please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure.  

This will be helpful for us to investigate further and provide you a better solution at the earliest.  

Please find the sample & video from below link 

Note: We have checked with following devices, Moto E2(API 23), Moto G4(API 24), Samsung SM-G50F (API 26). Please let us device configuration for provide a better solution. 

Regards, 
Muneesh Kumar G.  

MO mobileguy May 13, 2019 10:07 AM UTC

Hi there,
Seriously impressed with the quality of your response. Quickly tested your sample and it works! I am at work now and the sample is on my computer at home.

I am happy with your response. The only difference I can see is that I use Prism but I do not think that matters at all.

Thanks for the clarification about  "Carousel vs Rotator" kind of confusing when to use what , I was expecting the carousel to have the "Indicators/Position" etc.."

Do you have any samples where you use the Rotator with views and datatatemplate selector using xaml 

Again thanks for your reply

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team May 13, 2019 11:14 AM UTC

Hi Dev, 

Thanks for your update.  

Query1: Do you have any samples where you use the Rotator with views and datatatemplate selector using xaml  

We have validated your query and currently, we don't have support for having a separate template for each item in SfRotator. We have already considered this to be a feature request and it will be available on our upcoming volume 2 main release, which will be available on end of June 2019. We appreciate your patience until then.  

Regards, 
Muneesh Kumar G.  

MO mobileguy May 13, 2019 11:28 AM UTC

Brilliant 
 That would be very useful to many developers
thanks for your response.

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team May 13, 2019 11:32 AM UTC

Hi Dev, 

Thanks for your update and please let us know if you have any other queries.  

Regards, 
Muneesh Kumar G  

SA Sameh June 30, 2019 09:37 AM UTC

Hi

This problem appear in version after 17.1.0.43, the click button event does not fire!

Regards

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team July 1, 2019 06:23 AM UTC

Hi Sameh, 

We have analyzed your query and we would like to inform you that we have already fixed this problem and included the fix in our latest Volume 2 2019 Beta Release v17.2.0.28 link and update this wherever necessary.  

Please check this version with your application and let us you with more details if you still face the problem.   

Note: Before applying the new version, please clean the nuget cache in your system. Please follow steps mentioned in below link before applying the patch.   

Regards, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon