We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Separate layouts per node

I'm working on constructing a network diagram and want to break down my information in the following structure

[Root] -> [Subnet] -> [Device]

Root is just the root of the diagram.
Each Subnet connects to the root. (A_0, A_1)
Each Subnet has one to many Devices. (A_0_0, A_0_1,...)
A mockup picture is attached below.

Is it possible to have a radial tree layout between the root and subnet nodes (root to A_*) and then have a separate radial tree layout between the subnet and devices (A_* to A_*_*)?

Doing this all in one radial tree layout results in one big ring which is not what I'm looking for.

I rendered my situation out using the symetrical demo, and it isn't performant enough for my use case, ~200 nodes and it takes about 10 seconds to render. If the  performance was better with the symetrical demo I'd be ok using that if I could increase the connector distance between the root and subnet nodes.

2 Replies

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team May 10, 2019 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Kevin, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We are validating the reported performance issue with symmetrical layout. We will update the status of the reported issue on May 14th, 2019. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team May 14, 2019 03:59 PM UTC

Hi Kevin,  

By default, the symmetrical layout will be formed based on layout maxIteration value and nodes length. The maxIteration is used to set the maximum number of iterations for symmetrical layout. You have set a higher value(500) for maxIteration, so only the layout takes more time to render. Now, please set the minimum value for layout maxIteration property. We have modified your sample and provided a link below.  

Regards,  
Ramya T 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon