We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

PivotGridControl filter breaks when there is an element that contains the string "abs"

I don't know if I'm going insane so please check this bug.
I was working ok with some sets of data and getting random exceptions with very similar sets of data.
I tried to isolate the problem and -I'm almost sure I got something wrong- but apparently filters fail when there is an element labeled "flabs". Unless that's some reserved word in your library, I guess I'm wrong and that's not the pattern that makes it fail but I'm attaching a sample so you can investigate it.

If you initialize the sample data with any of the following arrays of data, it works ok:
string[] countries = new string[] { "Argentina", "China", "Brasil", "Chile", "f-lab" };
string[] countries = new string[] { "Argentina", "China", "Brasil", "Chile", "USA" };
string[] countries = new string[] { "Argentina", "China", "Brasil", "Chile", "flab" };

but if you use some of these:
string[] countries = new string[] { "flab", "flabn", "flabs", "flabt", "fcaphg" };
string[] countries = new string[] { "f-lab", "f-labn", "f-labs", "f-labt", "f-caphg" };
string[] countries = new string[] { "Argentina", "China", "Brasil", "Chile", "flabs" };

when you click the Filter icon on Country and deselect any of the elements, you get multiple error popups.

Oddly enough, if you change ShowGrandTotals="True" to ShowGrandTotals="False", you don't get the error popups, but the grid just goes blank, and after that, if you click "Reset data", there you get an error message similar to the one in this bug: https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/144137/pivotgridcontrol-with-1-pivotrow-1-pivotcolumn-1-pivotcalc-and-0-elements-thows-exception so this one might be related.

I made many tests and couldn't find the pattern behind "flabs", so that's all I got.

Attachment: Example_Error_flabs_a71b61b1.zip

10 Replies

CF Carlos Fernando Consigli May 7, 2019 11:09 AM UTC

In addition, if you can identify the problem, and it is feasible, I could use a patch (I know it's a lot to ask) because I happen to have lots of "f-labs" in my domain and this is really breaking :/
Thanks a lot in advance

CF Carlos Fernando Consigli May 7, 2019 12:07 PM UTC

Ok, I could narrow it down and now it makes a little more sense. The problem is when the word contains the string "abs" which I guess is messing somewhere with the Math.Abs function.

SR Sabaridass Ramamoorthy Syncfusion Team May 8, 2019 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

Thanks for detailed information. 

We have logged a bug report for this issue “Exception was thrown when filtering the values contains “abs””. Here we have provided private feedback link, we request you to log in to view the link further. 

The fix will be available in our upcoming Volume 2 release which is scheduled to be rolled out at the end of June, 2019. Would waiting for the official release is OK for you? Otherwise, we can provide a patch on May 22 , 2019.    

If you have any more specification replication procedure or a scenario to be tested you can add it as a comment in the portal. 

Regards, 
Sabaridass R 

CF Carlos Fernando Consigli May 8, 2019 08:50 PM UTC

Hi Sabaridass, thanks for your answer. I know it's too much to ask, but this time I could use that patch you mention whenever you could make it available. Thanks for your support.

PD: I added a comment and a new attachment in the bug report because there is also a similar problem with the strings "max" and "min". The symptom is not exactly the same as with "abs" so that is why I added that case scenario.

SR Sabaridass Ramamoorthy Syncfusion Team May 9, 2019 07:20 AM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

Thanks for the update and find our response below. 

know it's too much to ask, but this time I could use that patch you mention whenever you could make it available. 
As per your request, we will provide the fix for the reported issue on 22nd May, 2019. 
PD: I added a comment and a new attachment in the bug report because there is also a similar problem with the strings "max" and "min". The symptom is not exactly the same as with "abs" so that is why I added that case scenario. 
Thanks for sharing the cases to be addressed additionally. We will inform our development to consider the added cases as well while working with the reported issue. 

Regards, 
Sabaridass R 

CF Carlos Fernando Consigli May 9, 2019 09:59 AM UTC

Thanks a lot, I don't get tired of saying that Syncfusion has the best support I've ever seen.

SR Sabaridass Ramamoorthy Syncfusion Team May 9, 2019 01:33 PM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

Thanks for the update and we are very happy to hear your feedback. 

Regards, 
Sabaridass R 

TB Thirupathi Bala Krishnan Syncfusion Team May 22, 2019 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your patience.

We have fixed the reported issue –Pivot grid does not filter properly when applying the filter values that contain the word abs,min,max” in your reported version 17.1.0.38. Please find the patch file from the following location:

V17.1.0.38

Recommended approach – exe will perform automatic configuration           
Please find the patch setup here:                                 

Advanced approach – use only if you have specific needs and can directly replace existing assemblies for your build environment                            
Please find the patch assemblies alone from:            

Please find the Nugets from the below location:           

NOTE
You can change how you receive bug fixes by navigating to the following link and updating your preferences.
https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/patches

Disclaimer:                          
Please note that we have created this patch for the version 17.1.0.38 specifically to resolve the issues reported in this forum #144451. If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received. This fix will be included in our main release 2019 Vol2 which will be available in June,2019. 

Regards,
Thirupathi B.

CF Carlos Fernando Consigli May 27, 2019 03:15 AM UTC

Great, thanks a lot!

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team May 27, 2019 08:37 AM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

Thanks for your update. 

We are glad to know that the provided solution worked at your end. Please let us know if you have any further queries on this. We are happy to help you. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon