We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid row template is broken after update grid to verion 17.1.43

After updating grid from 16.4.55 to 17.1.43, my grid with row template is broken and the console window spits out the following errors : 

ERROR TypeError: str.replace is not a function

at evalExp (vendor.js:214326)

at compile (vendor.js:214313)

at Object.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-grids/node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-base/src/template-engine.js.Engine.compile (vendor.js:214242)

at compile (vendor.js:214201)

at templateCompiler (vendor.js:297715)

at GridComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-grids/src/grid/base/grid.js.Grid.processModel (vendor.js:296545)

at GridComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-grids/src/grid/base/grid.js.Grid.render (vendor.js:294887)

at GridComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-grids/node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-base/src/component.js.Component.appendTo (vendor.js:208811)

at vendor.js:143111

at ZoneDelegate.push../node_modules/zone.js/dist/zone.js.ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (polyfills.js:2766)

ERROR TypeError: Cannot read property 'getPanel' of undefined

at GridComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-grids/src/grid/base/grid.js.Grid.getContent (vendor.js:295474)

at Render.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-grids/src/grid/renderer/render.js.Render.refreshDataManager (vendor.js:304913)

at Render.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-grids/src/grid/renderer/render.js.Render.refresh (vendor.js:304895)

at GridComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-grids/src/grid/base/grid.js.Grid.extendedPropertyChange (vendor.js:295268)

at GridComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-grids/src/grid/base/grid.js.Grid.onPropertyChanged (vendor.js:295138)

at GridComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-grids/node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-base/src/base.js.Base.dataBind (vendor.js:208074)

at GridComponent.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-grids/node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-base/src/component.js.Component.dataBind (vendor.js:208820)

at ZoneDelegate.push../node_modules/zone.js/dist/zone.js.ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (polyfills.js:2766)

at Object.onInvokeTask (vendor.js:58227)

at ZoneDelegate.push../node_modules/zone.js/dist/zone.js.ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (polyfills.js:2765)

Do you have a solution for this? 

Thank you.

8 Replies

HJ Hariharan J V Syncfusion Team May 3, 2019 05:14 AM UTC

Hi Arbor, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your query and we suspect that some duplicate packages might be installed on your ‘@syncfusion’ folder of ‘node_modules’. Could you please follow the steps provided in the following documentation to overcome the reported behavior.   

Regards,
Hariharan

VI Viktor May 8, 2019 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Synfusion Support,
your solution (node_modules cleanup) doesnt work!
i have tested  it with the version
17.1.43 and 17.1.44  and both  are negative (:
see screenshot bellow
it looks like  we have some kind of regression bug again.
please let me know if you need some more information
regards
viktor

VI Viktor May 10, 2019 09:04 AM UTC

hello syncfusion support,
did you have a chance to look at this issue?
after upgrading to the version 17.1.44 i got "str.replace" error.

and the result:

thanks
regards
viktor

HJ Hariharan J V Syncfusion Team May 13, 2019 11:11 AM UTC

Hi viktor,

Thanks for your update.

We suggest you to remove the `package.lock.json` file in your application folder and then run the command `npm cache clean`. Then following given steps on the update.

Regards,
Hariharan

VI Viktor May 13, 2019 11:49 AM UTC

hi Hariharan,
thank you for reply, but unfortunately it doesn't help (:
hmm.
okay. i will prepare a sample for you..
regards
viktor

TT ttArbor May 13, 2019 03:32 PM UTC

try  installing/updating ej2-base and ej_angular-base to 17.1.43. This works for me 

VI Viktor May 14, 2019 11:37 AM UTC

hi,
after upgrading to the latest version 17.1.47 the issue is disappeared!
thanks!
reagrds
viktor

HJ Hariharan J V Syncfusion Team May 14, 2019 12:50 PM UTC

Hi viktor,

Thanks for your update.

We are happy to hear that your problem has been resolved.

Regards,
Hariharan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon