We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Label Widget - Dates from Parameters

Hi, 

I can set a label widget to show the data from a datasource. 

However, I need a label to display the data from the Parameters passed to the report.

For example, I have a report and the date range is entered as a parameter is 1st April 2019 to 23rd April 2019, but I only have data for 1st - 20th April. 

If I base the label widget on the data, the widget will only display 1st - 20th April. 

I need it to show 1st - 23rd April. 

I've tried 
     {{:Range.Start}}
     {{:Parameters.Range.Start}}
     {{:START}}

So far, they all just return a text value of "All"

Thanks

4 Replies

SK Sabapathy K  Syncfusion Team April 23, 2019 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Gio, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Currently we did not have the support to configure the dashboard parameter directly in widget. We have already logged a feature request for your requirement “Support to configure the dashboard parameter in widgets ” and it can be tracked through our feedback portal below. 

Please upvote this feature to make this our priority. While this feature itself is important we will prioritize the features every release, based on the user demands. 

For your requirement we suggest you to create Expression columns using dashboard parameter and then configure the expression columns in your label widget. Herewith, I have attached sample video using dashboard parameter for your reference, http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/labelparameter556108154  

Note: 
Using label widget alone always returns ALL in viewer page. We are currently validating this case at our end and let you know the details by 24th April, 2019. As of now, we suggest you to use label parameter in label widget along with any other visualization widget as shown in the video sample.  

Regards, 
Sabapathy K. 

GI Gio April 23, 2019 02:44 PM UTC

Hi Sabapathy,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. 

I'll watch the video and give it a go. 

I'll definitely upvote the user feature as I think it's really useful. Something I used a lot of when building reports in SSRS. 

Thanks,
Giovanni

SK Sabapathy K  Syncfusion Team April 24, 2019 04:44 AM UTC

Hi Gio, 

Thanks for the update. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Sabapathy K. 

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team April 24, 2019 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Gio, 

We have validated the reported issue of “Label parameter is not updating properly when the label widget alone is configured in the Dashboard” in our end. We will include the fix for the issue in our upcoming release. 

Please let us know, if you have any concern. 

Regards, 
Renuka N. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon