We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DataGrid and Multiselect

If i had a multiselect dropdown  in a grid cell (razor page)  with a multiselect filled with objects direct from a db. How can i get the selected values in the handler of the grid(with urladaptor)? Can i get some example?
Thanks

3 Replies

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team April 24, 2019 07:01 AM UTC

Hi Nelson, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Query: If i had a multiselect dropdown  in a grid cell (razor page)  with a multiselect filled with objects direct from a db. How can i get the selected values in the handler of the grid(with urladaptor)? Can i get some example? 

We have validated your query and created a sample based on your requirement. Here, we have created multiselect dropdown by using cell edit template. Please find the below code example and sample for your reference. 

[code example] 
<ejs-grid id="Grid" allowPaging="true" load="onLoad" toolbar="@( new List<object>() {"Add","Edit","Delete","Update","Cancel"})"> 
    <e-grid-editsettings allowAdding="true" allowDeleting="true" allowEditing="true" mode="Batch"></e-grid-editsettings> 
    <e-data-manager url="/Index?handler=DataSource" batchUrl="/Index?handler=BatchUpdate" adaptor="UrlAdaptor"></e-data-manager> 
    <e-grid-pageSettings pageCount="5" pageSize="5"></e-grid-pageSettings> 
    <e-grid-columns> 
        <e-grid-column field="OrderID" headerText="Order ID" isPrimaryKey="true" textAlign="Right" width="120"></e-grid-column>         
        <e-grid-column field="CustomerID" headerText="Customer ID" textAlign="Right" width="120" edit="@(new {create = "onCreate", read = "onRead", write = "onWrite", destroy= "onDestroy"})"></e-grid-column> 
   </e-grid-columns> 
</ejs-grid> 

<script> 

var multiSelectEle; 
    var element 
    function onCreate(args) { 
        element = document.createElement('input'); 
        return element; 
    } 
    function onRead(e) { 
        return multiSelectEle.value; 
    } 
    function onDestroy() { 
        multiSelectEle.destroy(); 
    } 
    function onWrite(args) { 
        multiSelectEle = new ej.dropdowns.MultiSelect({    //rendering multiSelectEle component  
            dataSource: new ej.data.DataManager({ 
                url: '/Index?handler=MultiDropDataSource', 
                adaptor: new ej.data.UrlAdaptor(), 
                crossDomain: true, 
                headers: [{ 'XSRF-TOKEN': $("input:hidden[name='__RequestVerificationToken']").val() }] 
            }), 
            query: new ej.data.Query().select(['FirstName', 'EmployeeID']).take(10).requiresCount(), fields: { text: "FirstName", value: 'FirstName' }, 
            // set the placeholder to multiSelectEle input element 
            placeholder: 'e.g. Andrew Fuller', 
            // sort the resulted items 
            sortOrder: 'Ascending', 
            // set the filterType to searching operation 
            filterType: 'StartsWith', 
            value: args.rowData[args.column.field] 
        }); 
        multiSelectEle.appendTo(element); 
    } 

</script> 

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

NE Nelson April 25, 2019 07:54 PM UTC

Hi, thanks! this work correctly.

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team April 26, 2019 06:44 AM UTC

Hi Nelson,  

Thanks for your update. 

We are happy to hear that your problem has been solved. 

Please contact us if you need any further assistance. As always, we will be happy to assist you.  

Regards,  
Pavithra S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon