We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking Manager - Customize Context Menu For Document Tab (Close, Close All, etc )

Hi, Syncfusion support:

The WPF's docking manager have following: https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/6944/how-to-add-the-custom-context-menu-items-for-tabitem-in-tabcontrolext

How does we customize the context menu of SfDockingManager in UWP?

I am attaching the Context Menu Screenshot's that I wished to customize.

Attachment: CloseAll_56d67201.7z

5 Replies

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team April 23, 2019 06:35 AM UTC

Hi Chan, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. 

You can able to customize the context menu in document tab by enable the ShowDocumentTabItemContextMenu property. Please refer the below documentation link for your reference. 

Let us know whether this helps also if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan

WA Wayne November 12, 2020 04:56 PM UTC

how can one replace the context menus (any of them) with a custom control? the provided answer just shows how to enable/disable the default menu

this is a general question of
how can you override the default template for let's say the layout controls?

MS Magesh Sankar Syncfusion Team November 13, 2020 11:37 AM UTC

Hi Wayne,  

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.  

Query 1: 
how can one replace the context menus (any of them) with a custom control? 
Currently SfDockingManager doesn’t have direct support to achieve your requirement. 
Query 2: 
this is a general question of 
how can you override the default template for let's say the layout controls? 

Layout control is a collection of UI elements example : SfDockingmanager contains document tabcontrol and other UI elements, We will club the UI elements which are handled in Code behind, so we are not overriding the default of layout control, we just override the default template of UI elements exist in the layout control 

Regards,  
Magesh S 

WA Wayne November 13, 2020 06:14 PM UTC

thanks for getting back to me

drilling down on editing control templates i see you have this document https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/blend-support for wpf

i tried this with a uwp project and there is indeed the option to edit a copy of control templates

perhaps this is really a documentation issue for your uwp offering with a nod towards non-designer developers doing screen mockups and trying to modify control templates

EM Elakkiya Muthukumarasamy Syncfusion Team November 16, 2020 02:34 PM UTC

Hi Wayne, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We have checked your reported query ”Need  to edit a copy of control templates in UWP controls” with our source and currently we don’t have support to achieve your requirement. 

Regards, 
Elakkiya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon