We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Filter list not displaying when provided from server

Hi - this is somewhat related to thread #142044 - when I provide a list of filter values from the server which contain values that are not in the currently-filtered data set in the grid the whole list doesn't display.

The scenario is a helpdesk ticketing system where the user can select tickets by status: the default functionality of the grid filters is to provide the list of distinct values for status from the data being queried - but I am persisting the state of the control and always want to display the same set of status values regardless of whether there are any examples with each status in the data.

Example: Open tickets exist with a status  values of ["New", "In Progress", "Waiting Response"]. However I want the filter to also show the ["Resolved"] option - so my server-side code returns ["New", "In Progress", "Waiting Response", "Resolved"] when the user clicks the filter icon. The result is that the filter list just shows "No Matches Found" (see screen clip below). If, however, I start typing the name of the status I want it appears in the list.

How do I force the filter list to display the set of values returned from the Data Manager ?

1 Reply

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team April 23, 2019 03:53 AM UTC

Hi Charles, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Before we proceeding this we would like to know the below mentioned information. It will help us provide a better solution as soon as possible, 

1. From your query, we found that you have added one new value in server side with the filter list records. So could you please share your controller code snippet?
  2. We need to return the values from controller as an array of object. So please ensure the returned values from controller.
  3. Network tab response while open the filter dialog and network tab response of server returned values.
  4. Full Grid client side code.

Regards, 
Pavithra S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon