We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to prevent double-click from collapsing Ribbon?

Double clicking/tapping on a tab in the ribbon control causes the ribbon to collapse/minimize.

I would expect, in the minimized state, that clicking/tapping on a tab would temporarily show the ribbon.  It doesn't.  Instead, double clicking/tapping on the tab temporarily shows the ribbon.  

There is no way to return from the minimized state to the maximized state.

To summarize, how it currently works:

- Double clicking on a tab in the ribbon causes the ribbon to collapse
- Clicking on a tab in the ribbon in collapsed state does nothing
- Double clicking on a tab in the ribbon in collapsed state shows the ribbon until a different tab is clicked, when it collapses again

What I would expect:

- Double clicking on a tab in the ribbon causes the ribbon to collapse
- Clicking on a tab in the ribbon shows the ribbon
- Double clicking on a tab in the ribbon in collapsed state causes the ribbon to exit the collapsed state completely

I'd also be happy just to know how to turn off the whole double-click-collapse-ribbon thing.

This can be demonstrated in the Syncfusion UWP application in the Store.

3 Replies

SR Sabaridass Ramamoorthy Syncfusion Team April 15, 2019 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Cam,   

We are able to reproduce the reported issue –“Ribbons are not collapsed or expanded properly on tapped events” Here we have provided private feedback link, we request you to log in to view the link further   

The fix will be available in our upcoming Volume 1 SP1 release which is scheduled to be rolled out at the mid of May, 2019. Would waiting for the official release is OK for you? Otherwise, we can provide a patch on May 2nd  , 2019.   

If you have any more specification replication procedure or a scenario to be tested you can add it as a comment in the portal. 

Regards,  
Sabaridass R 

CS Cam Stevenson April 15, 2019 07:29 PM UTC

Thanks.  I can wait for the SP1 release.

Cheers,

Cam

SR Sabaridass Ramamoorthy Syncfusion Team April 16, 2019 10:17 AM UTC

Hi Cam, 

Thanks for the update. 

As we promised, we will include the fix for the reported issue in our upcoming Volume 1 SP1 release which is scheduled to be rolled out at the mid of May, 2019. 

Regards, 
Sabaridass R 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon