We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How can I connect to multiple databases of different consumers on the same server?

We have approximately 150 consumers on the same server (AWS) and in this context would you like to know if I can connect to the database individually for each consumers? Can I assign a database to a user group and when the user authenticates in SyncFusion will I already know the database?

3 Replies

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team April 15, 2019 01:42 PM UTC

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Yes, we can create a single dashboard for all the 150 consumers and only modify datasource in the dashboard based on consumer using shared datasource and user groups in Dashboard server. You can view the dashboard with the  consumer’s datasource while login with consumer details in dashboard server. Please follow the steps to achieve your requirement. 

1. Create users and groups for your consumers , then assign user to the groups in User Management Server.  We can assign a datasource to a group, users in the group can view the data.  Refer the below links for details

1. Synchronize the users and groups created in the User Management Server with Dashboard server enable the allow users in User Management Server.

1. Create a dashboard with a datasource and assign the dashboard to all users, refer the below link to assign permission to user.

We can also assign permission to user through api, please refer the below link 

1. Now, add consumer’s database in dashboard server by following the link.
NOTE: Consumer database should be a different database, table’s names and Column names in the database should be identical with designed dashboard’s datasource. 

1. After adding the database, you can view the databases under “Datasources” section.

1. Now assign user groups to view the datasource by following the below link,
  1. We can update the datasource alone for a dashboard by using shared datasource. Please refer the below link to update datasource to a group.

For example, I have updated a datasource of “Testing” group to this datasource. 

Now, users in the group “Testing” can view the datasource(“DataSoucre2 , DataSource20”) in the dashboard while login with the user details in dashboard server. Likewise you have to assign for your each consumer group with their datasource.  

You can assign the datasource through api also, refer the below link. 

Please let us know, if you have any queries. 

Thanks, 
Renuka N.

MC MAURI CESAR DENGO April 15, 2019 04:44 PM UTC

Thanks for the answers and we will continue to do the SyncDashboard tests.

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team April 16, 2019 06:41 AM UTC

Hi Mauri, 

Thanks for your update. 

We will wait until get reply from you. 

Regards, 
Renuka N. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon