We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Display relationship between grid table

I have a situation and I can not solve it.
The following is. I have two entities "Protutos and Categories", with relationship between them.
In the attribute of Protutos has Category related to table categories. How do I display this category in Product GRID, tried several more unsuccessful ways.

5 Replies

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team April 9, 2019 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Alan, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

If you want to create the relational data grid, you can use the following UG link and the DB sample. 

UG Link: 

Sample: 
<InstalledLocation>/Windows/DataGrid.WinForms/Samples/DetailsViewDataTableBinding  

If we misunderstood your requirement, please provide more information regarding the requirement. This would help us to proceed further. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

AO Alan Oliveira April 9, 2019 10:41 PM UTC

Hello,

Let me explain better. Below I have my model with Category and Product, I want to display the category name that is related to the product on my grid without the need to use "masterdetailsview". Below is the grid example of how I want to show in sfdatagrid.

Example GRID:

MODEL:

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team April 10, 2019 07:26 AM UTC

Hi Alan, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. 

Your requirement can be achieved by setting AutoGeneratedColumns to false and adding the columns manually with below code. Here to add the child class property in column name mention like “Category.CategoryName”. 

sfDataGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns = false; 
sfDataGrid1.DataSource = GetCollection(); 

sfDataGrid1.Columns.Add(new GridNumericColumn() { MappingName = "ProductID" }); 
sfDataGrid1.Columns.Add(new GridTextColumn() { MappingName = "ProductName" }); 
sfDataGrid1.Columns.Add(new GridTextColumn() { MappingName = "Category.CategoryName" }); 
sfDataGrid1.Columns.Add(new GridNumericColumn() { MappingName = "UnitPrice" }); 
sfDataGrid1.Columns.Add(new GridTextColumn() { MappingName = "Status" }); 

Please find the sample from below location, 

If we misunderstood your requirement, please provide more information regarding the requirement. This would help us to proceed further. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan

AO Alan Oliveira April 10, 2019 11:09 AM UTC

Hi Jagadeesan,

I ran the tests that way and it worked.
But I'd like to know there is another way using "sfDataGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns = TRUE;".
In my project AutoGenerateColumns is enabled, I control the model using "[Display (Name =" ProductID ", Order = 0)]"

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team April 10, 2019 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Alan, 

Thanks for your update. 

Your requirement can be achieved by enable the AutoGenerateColumnsForCustomType and properly define the inner class properties as like the below code snippet. 

sfDataGrid1.AutoGenerateColumnsForCustomType = true; 

public class Category 
{ 
    [Bindable(false)] 
    public int CategoryID { get; set; } 

[Display(Name = " CategoryName ", Order = 0)] 
    public string CategoryName { get; set; } 

public IList<Product> Products { get; set; } 
} 

Please refer the modified sample from below, 

Let us know whether this helps also if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon