We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Importing device calendar events to Sfcalendar, Animations and some other questions

Hello.
I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a bulit in way to read Built in calendar in Xamarin.Forms application for iOS and Android Systems?  (ex. events from calendar in my device)
If not, what would be the best way to achieve this on both platforms?

2. In documentation I noticed that there is something referred to as "TransitionMode". But I can't find this property in my SfCalendar instance anywhere.
It's deprecated according to Visual Studio. 

3. When swiping left and right, there seems to be a "jerk" or "twitch" of animation. It gives really bad feel as if the control is lagging. 
Is there a way to change this or smooth it out?

I already checked out the documentation. Perhaps I missed something. 

Thanks.

1 Reply

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team April 8, 2019 01:26 PM UTC

Hi Srdan, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Please find the following details for your queries. 

Query 1: Currently, calendar doesn't have support to read from the build in calendar in Xamarin.Forms application for Android, iOS platform, and it can be achieved using CalendarInlinEvents based on the built-in calendar data to be set to CalendarInlineEvents. 

Query 2: We have deprecated the `TransitionMode` property in calendar and we will remove this from our user guide documentation as early as possible (max by this week). 

Query 3: Based on calendar behavior Calendar swiping based on the finger. Currently, calendar doesn’t support to smooth of when swiping left or right. Also, we are unable to reproduce the mentioned lagging “When swiping left or right, there seems to be a “jerk” or “twitch” of animation” from our side. 

Please find the sample we tested for your reference,  

Please check the sample and let us know if you still facing the same issue? If not, please modify the sample based on your scenario and revert us with the following details.  

·       Xamarin.Forms Version and Syncfusion update version 
·       Did you used any customization in Calendar?  
·       Issue reproducing video (if possible) 

It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution at the earliest?   

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon