We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

The <e-datamanager> is not allowed by parent <ejs-grid> tag helper (...)

Hi,

I can't build this code only because of the tag "e-datamanager" (error message in the title) :
<ejs-grid id="Grid">
    <e-datamanager url="http://services.odata.org/V4/Northwind/Northwind.svc/Orders/?$top=7" adaptor="ODataV4Adaptor" crossdomain="true"></e-datamanager>
    <e-grid-columns>
        <e-grid-column field="OrderID" headerText="Order ID" type="number" textAlign="Right" width="120"></e-grid-column>
        <e-grid-column field="CustomerID" headerText="Customer ID" type="string" width="140"></e-grid-column>
        <e-grid-column field="Freight" headerText="Freight" textAlign="Right" format="C2" width="120"></e-grid-column>
        <e-grid-column field="OrderDate" headerText="Order Date" format='yMd' textAlign="Right" width="140"></e-grid-column>
    </e-grid-columns>
</ejs-grid>

An idea please ?

Thanks
Michel

5 Replies

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team April 5, 2019 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Michel, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

We suggest you to use the dataManager tag (<e-data-manager>) as we given in the below code example. This will resolve your problem. 

[Index.cshtml] 

<ejs-grid id="Grid" allowPaging="true" toolbar="@(new List<string>() { "Add", "Edit", "Delete", "Cancel", "Update" })"> 
    <e-data-manager url="/Home/GridDatasource" insertUrl="/Home/Insert" updateUrl="/Home/Update" removeUrl="/Home/Delete" adaptor="UrlAdaptor">            </e-data-manager> 

<e-grid-columns> 

-----         

</e-grid-columns> 
</ejs-grid> 

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.   

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

MI Michel April 5, 2019 01:29 PM UTC

I was failing so close to the solution..

Thank you, you're right : it solves the problem, and I only need the EJ2 reference (not EJ)

Best regards
Michel

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team April 5, 2019 01:43 PM UTC

Hi Michel, 

We are happy that the problem has been solved. 

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.  

Regards, 
Thavasianand S.                         

MI Michel April 5, 2019 01:56 PM UTC

Thank you. Just : I don't know if I read the right documentation, but I think you should replace too "e-datamanager" by "e-data-manager" in this documentation ?

Regards
Michel

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team April 8, 2019 05:39 AM UTC

Hi Michel, 

Thanks for your suggestion. 

We have already logged a documentation changes task for this code changes and changes will be refreshed online ASAP.  

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon