We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Display Location and Description fields and move on to resource

my razor view is this:

@Html.EJS().Schedule("schedule").Width("100%").Height("800px").StartHour("09:00").EventSettings(es => es.DataSource(dataManger =>
    {
    dataManger.Url("Home/LoadData").CrudUrl("Home/UpdateData").Adaptor("UrlAdaptor");
    })).Render();

it works fine but only shows the Subject in the schedule.

Over the next few days I want to:

First, display the location and the Description based on the type of schedule view.

Secondly, as I gain knowledge, add people resources to the schedule so I can have group schedules and individual schedules.

what is the siplest way in ASP MVC to achieve both of these?

5 Replies

NR Nevitha Ravi Syncfusion Team April 3, 2019 02:02 PM UTC

Hi Pete, 

We suspect that your requirement is to show subject, location and description of the appointments in the UI which can be achieved using Template option within eventSettings. Please refer the following links. 

Kindly check and let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Nevitha 

PS Pete Suffolk April 6, 2019 03:35 PM UTC

Hi Nevitha,

I think my issue is with the format of the CellTemplate and I would like to display Subject, Location and Description with every event. However, I can't see how to do this in the documentation.

Pete

HB Hareesh Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team April 8, 2019 01:55 PM UTC

Hi Pete, 

We suspect that your requirement is to display the subject, location and description based on views and for the same we have prepared a sample to display subject, time, location and description of event in week view and subject alone in timeline week view which can be downloaded from the following location. 

<script id="event-template" type="text/x-template"> 
    <div> 
        <div>${Subject}</div> 
        <div>Time: ${getTimeString(data.StartTime)} - ${getTimeString(data.EndTime)}</div> 
        <div>${Description}</div> 
        <div>${Location}</div> 
    </div> 
</script> 
<script id="timeline-event-template" type="text/x-template"> 
    <div> 
        <div>${Subject}</div> 
    </div> 
</script> 

Please check the sample and revert us back if we misunderstood your query with more details like image or code snippet you have tried to provide prompt solution at earlier. 

Regards, 
Hareesh B 

PS Pete Suffolk April 8, 2019 04:06 PM UTC

Hi

the latest example is excellent. I just need to convert it to using a URLAdapter.

Thanks

Pete

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team April 9, 2019 04:51 AM UTC

Hi Pete, 

We are happy that our sample fulfilled your requirement. 

Please refer the below link to know more about the UrlAdaptor. 

Regards, 
Karthi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon