We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Does Report Server support embedded XML as a data source?

Is it possible to create a XML data source, which contains the actual XML data, like:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-data/xml-connection-type-ssrs?view=sql-server-2017 

Where the connection string is empty, it will use embedded xml data.

Or what is the best way of importing xml data set without using a webservice?

Best regards
Martin

3 Replies

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team April 3, 2019 06:52 AM UTC

Hi Martin, 

Yes, our ReportViewer in ReportServer loads report with embedded XML data source. Please find the demo sample report which loads from embedded XML data source, 

Please let us know in case of further reference details needed. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

MJ Martin Jørgensen April 3, 2019 06:53 PM UTC

Hi Mageshyadav,

I am able to embed the data as show in the example. Thanks for showing.
Unfortunately that would require, that the data is embedded in multiple datasets.

What I idealy want is:

1. Define a DataSource with XML data, but the data is embedded in this data source. That allows me to share the data between multiple datasets.
2. Create multiple data sets using the above DataSource.

Is it possible with the c# sdk to implement my own DataSource type, which could supply this XML data?

Best regards
Martin

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team April 4, 2019 06:15 AM UTC

Hi Martin, 

We can able to pass multiple dataset from code behind using RDLC report in our Report Viewer. Please find the below help documentation for your reference. 

Please find the below KB documentation for your reference for how to create a RDLC report with dataset from code behind. 

The above suggestions did not meet with your requirement then could you please share some additional details and it is very helpful for us to provide solution earlier. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon