We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

[MultiSelectComponent] Search icon not yet implemented?

Hello,

I am wondering if the search icon that appears at the right on the ComboBoxComponent for showing the selection option in the dropdown menu will be soon available in new versions of the MultiSelectComponent or not.
This icon serves for web usability and it shows that this input is a field for selecting from a set of options.
Please can you consider on adding this feature also in the MultiSelectComponent?

Regards,
Néstor Llamas Llopis

10 Replies

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team March 29, 2019 08:47 AM UTC

Hi Néstor, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

Yes, we have already provided a property to enable dropdown icon in the Multiselect control. You can enable that icon by setting showdropdownicon to true. This will be disabled by default. If this does not meet your requirement, kindly let us know about your requirement with screenshots or code snippet. This will help us understand your requirement better and provide a prompt solution. 

Regards, 
Prince 

NL Néstor Llamas Llopis March 29, 2019 09:12 AM UTC

OK, thank you. I didn't know about this component prop. So the issue is fixed.

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team March 29, 2019 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Néstor, 

Most welcome. We are glad that the issue is resolved in your end. 

Regards, 
Prince 

NL Néstor Llamas Llopis March 30, 2019 12:28 AM UTC

Hello,

But I think there is a defect in the component when setting this prop showDropDownIcon to true.
As you can see in the GIF attached (inside the ZIP file), when clicking on the clear icon sometimes (as I can see it depends on the component width) the bottom line goes more down. And this does not happen when setting the showDropDownIcon prop to false.
Will you fix this bug?

Regards,
Néstor Llamas Llopis

Attachment: multiselect_e64f0acb.zip

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team April 1, 2019 11:43 AM UTC

Hello Néstor, 

Thanks for the update. 

We were able to replicate the reported issue in our end and we are considering this as a bug. The fix for this issue will be included in our next patch release scheduled in the month of April 2019. You can now track the current status of your reported issue, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/5493/          

Regards, 
Prince 

NL Néstor Llamas Llopis April 11, 2019 08:19 PM UTC

OK, when will be this version released? A new version has already been published, but I don't know if it's that one.

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team April 12, 2019 04:02 AM UTC

Hello Néstor, 

Good day to you. 

This fix is expected by next week. We will keep you posted once the fix is available. 

Regards, 
Prince 

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team April 22, 2019 07:03 AM UTC

Hello Néstor, 

Thank you for being patient. 

We have fixed the reported issue with the EJ2 MultiSelect control. The fix is included in the version v17.1.41, Kindly refer to the following test example: https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-6dcrsa-vuyqh5  

We suggest you upgrade to the latest version to resolve the issue. Let us know if you need any further assistance on this.   

Regards,       
Prince 

NL Néstor Llamas Llopis April 24, 2019 06:28 PM UTC

OK, thank you!

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team April 25, 2019 03:21 AM UTC

Hello Néstor, 

Most Welcome. We are glad to help you. 

Regards, 
Prince 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon