We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Expander issues (hides data, loses arrow, switching from portrait to landscape and back fails)

Hi,
I have an SfExpander.Header that looks like this:
<expander:SfExpander.Header Padding="3,3,3,3">
<Label Text="{Binding accordionText}"
TextColor="White"
BackgroundColor="DodgerBlue" 
HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand"
LineBreakMode="WordWrap" />
</expander:SfExpander.Header>

accordionText consists of several lines of text so it wraps.

Issues:
1) In UWP, if the arrow is on the right, then text is hidden under the arrow (if it wraps). If the arrow is on the left, then it looks like text extends off the device for about the width of the arrow.

2) In iOS, the space for the arrow becomes very narrow so the arrow icon is not visible - when the arrow is on the right.

When switching from Portrait to Landscape and back:
3) In Android, let's say that in portrait, android uses 7 lines to display the text. Then, when switched to landscape, it may only use 4 rows. Then, when switching back to portrait it only displays 4 lines (same as in landscape) and has lost the rest of the data.

4) In iOS, same scenario as 3), this time when the device returns to portrait, the frame has space for 7 lines but only displays 4 - again the number of lines that were visible in landscape.

I wonder if these issues are already addressed in the new release that we are expecting any day now.

Thanks for looking at these issues.

Regards,
Will

12 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 28, 2019 10:49 AM UTC

Hi Will, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We already found and fixed the reported issues with Expander, the issue fix will be included in our upcoming Volume 1 main release which is expected to be available by end of this month (March 2019). We will let you know, once it has been rolled out and appreciate your patience until then.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team April 1, 2019 08:54 AM UTC

Hi Will, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2019 Volume 1 Release version 17.1.0.38 is rolled out along with the reported issue fixes with Expander and is available for download under the following link. 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

WA Will Autio April 1, 2019 05:11 PM UTC

Hello Subburaj Pandian V,

This morning I downloaded Essential Studio 2019 Volume 1 Release version 17.1.0.38. I also installed the updated Nuget packages that I require.

Unfortunately, the issues 1), 2) and 3) that I state in my original message, still occur.  Well, there seems to be some improvement in 3) but I still lose rows when I switch between portrait and landscape and back.

Regards,
Will

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team April 2, 2019 01:35 PM UTC

Hi Will,  

Thank you for the update.  

Currently, we are analyzing the reported issues with the source, we will update you for this in two business days on 4th April 2019. We appreciate your patience until then.  

Regards,  
Dinesh Babu Yadav  

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team April 4, 2019 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Will, 

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Regarding the Query 1, 3 and 4 , we could able to reproduce the reported issue at our end and logged a bug report for these issues. The fix for the issue will be included in our upcoming weekly nuget release which is scheduled to be roll out on April 9, 2019. We will let you know once the release has been rolled out and will appreciate your patience until then. 

Regarding the query 2, unfortunately, we could not able to replicate the issue. So, can you please share the screenshot and replication procedure which would highly help us to analyze the issue better and update you an appropriate solution. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

WA Will Autio April 4, 2019 05:21 PM UTC

Hi,
Attached, please find a screenshot taken on an iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 12.1.4. It is a shot of a part of our app that uses a SF Expander. On the right side there are slightly wider white bars. In UWP and Android, those bars are even wider and show an "arrow" pointing down. It behaves the same way in landscape.
Next I took the Syncfusion supplied program called ListViewWithExpander and set:
<expander:SfExpander HeaderIconPosition="End"  ...
The second screenshot shows the results that I got. I can see just a hint of an arrow on the right side.

Thanks for looking into this.
Regards,
Will

Attachment: ExpanderFail_iOS2_e4c5f9e4.zip

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team April 5, 2019 01:56 PM UTC

Hi Will, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We could able to reproduce the reported issue at our end and logged a bug report for these issues. The fix for the issue will be included in our upcoming weekly nuget release which is scheduled to be roll out on April 9, 2019. We will let you know once the release has been rolled out and will appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

WA Will Autio April 5, 2019 02:57 PM UTC

I'm so glad you could reproduce it. Looking forward to the update.
Best regards,
Will

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team April 8, 2019 11:07 AM UTC

Hi Will, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have resolved the issues reported in the query 1, 3 and 4, but unfortunately, we could not able to include it in our weekly Nuget release. However, it will be included in our upcoming weekly Nuget release and if you require for the patch, we suggest you to create an incident to get the private assemblies. For the query 2, we are working on this issue with high priority and the fix for the same will be included in our next weekly release. Sorry for this inconvenience. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

WA Will Autio April 9, 2019 12:19 AM UTC

Hello Dinesh Babu Yadav ,
That works for me.
Thanks,
Will

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team April 9, 2019 06:50 AM UTC

Hi Will, 

Thanks for the update. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team April 17, 2019 06:23 AM UTC

Hi Will,  

We are glad to announce that our latest weekly NuGet package update version 17.1.0.41 has been rolled out and the reported issues in Expander control has been resolved and it is available for download (nuget.org).  

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this update. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.  

Regards,  
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon