We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

gridDataBoundGrid, read only still selects text

I have created a selection method that changes the row style color on cell click. I am running into problems when I click the cell, the cell goes into edit mode and the flag to change the row style color does not activate. I tried going into read only mode, but I still get a cursor indicating that I am in edit mode in the cell. Any possibly solutions where I can click on the text cell, and no matter what, I can return a flag value.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2004 04:56 PM UTC

If you do not want the current cell to become active for editing when you click it, try setting grid.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior to None.

KM Kevin Musters May 25, 2004 05:02 PM UTC

That behaviour is already set in my DataBoundGrid. Unfortunately it does not solve my problem.

KM Kevin Musters May 25, 2004 05:19 PM UTC

I have gone over my code and your solution does benefit somewhat, but the problem I am facing is that I need to click on the cell and change a flag, no matter where I click, no matter what cell. Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2004 07:26 PM UTC

What event are you trying to use? Have you tried grid.MouseDown or grid.MouseUp?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon