We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Expectin a vertical menu but, getting horizontal menu

Hi,
As in the subject text, I want to have a vertical menu options but, I am getting horizontal options.
In the file attached there are details about what i am coding.

Thanks for your help, kind regards,

Juan J.

Attachment: MenuSyncfusion_dccab8b0.zip

5 Replies

JJ Juan José replied to Juan José March 22, 2019 04:18 AM UTC

Hi,
As in the subject text, I want to have a vertical menu options but, I am getting horizontal options.

Juan J.

Hi again,
I convert the Id and ParentId data from int to string and now I am getting the main option Contratos with a symbol to "expand" but, when I click on that symbol to get the child options, nothing happens.

JJ Juan José replied to Juan José March 22, 2019 04:22 AM UTC

Hi,

Juan J.

I forgot to ask: I need this menu in every page, so I need to insert it in the layout page, but how can I feed the MenuItems every time the layout is loaded?

JJ Juan José March 22, 2019 02:10 PM UTC

Hi,
I change my code and now I am using JavaScript.
In my html page I have defined the menu like this:
<div id="menuContainer">
     <ul id="menu"></ul>
</div>

And the script is in the image attached.
When I run the app, I just get the first menu text with the symbol to expand but nothing else.

Attachment: Img_761420df.zip

SI Silambarasan I Syncfusion Team March 28, 2019 01:27 AM UTC

Hi Juan, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked the last reported issue “Sub menu items are not shown while rending self-referential dataSource with custom menu fields” by preparing sample based on the attached screenshots and we can reproduce it in our end. 

We confirmed this as a defect and the fix for this issue will be included in our first EJ2 patch release after Essential Studio 2019 Volume 1 main release

We will update you with the sample once the patch release has been rolled-out and, we appreciate your patience until then. 

Note: 
If you want the vertical menu, we suggest you to use the property ‘Orientation’ as ‘Vertical’. Please refer our below demo sample for more details. 

Regards, 
Silambarasan 

VK Vinoth Kumar Sundara Moorthy Syncfusion Team April 11, 2019 10:52 AM UTC

Hi Juan, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential JavaScript 2 patch release (v17.1.40) has been rolled out successfully and in this release, we have added the fix for “Sub menu items are not shown while rending self-referential dataSource with custom menu fields”. We suggest you to upgrade your packages to latest version(v17.1.40) to resolve this issue in your end. For your convenience, we have prepared a sample to render the menu in layout page and the menu items (self-referential dataSource with custom menu fields) are loaded using ‘OnActionExecuting’ method. 

Sample Link:  

Could you please check the above sample and get back to us if you need any further assistance? 

Regards, 
Vinoth Kumar S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon