We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Can in-place editor display ellipsis and tooltip?

Hi,

If I put too long text in in-place editor like this:

hsajkdfhjksdfjhsdafkjhsjdhfkhasdjkfhjksdhfjhsadjfhjadfhjsdahfjdshafjhasdjfhjsafdhjksahfjkdhsafjkhsadjfhsjkdfhjsdhfjksahdfjkshdfjshadjfhsjdafhjafhjashfdjhadsfjhfjahfdjahfhsjdfhjdfhjdhfjdhfjahfjdkshfjahsfdjkhfjkasfhjsafhjsahfuwieyrqr8hfkncm,820380923892038m,nmxznvr082931-77283fafksdjfkajfkajfdkahdfklafjakjfjafkljafkajfkafjkjfkajfkajfklajflajfkljakfjka

The in-place editor will exceed its parent's area, so can in-place editor display ellipsis and tooltip?

Thanks,
Jzy

3 Replies

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team March 21, 2019 09:44 AM UTC

Hi Jzy, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

By default, we have not provided support for hiding the overflow text in In-Place editor component, when the text length exceeds. But we have achieved your requirement in application level. Please find the example in the following link 

In above sample, we have done the following 
  • Shown the ellipsis text when the value exceeds, which is achieved by setting styles on ‘e-editable-value’ class.
  • Shown the tooltip, which is achieved by render the In-place editor component inside the tooltip component. Also, we have dynamically updated the tooltip content using beforeOpen event.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Prince 

JZ Jzy March 22, 2019 03:21 AM UTC

Hi Prince,

Thank you for your help.

I did make the style scoped, that is why mine was not working.

Thanks,
Jzy

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team March 22, 2019 04:42 AM UTC

Hi Jzy, 

Most welcome. We are glad to help you. Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Prince 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon