We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Retrieve Current Skin settings?

Hi,

the SF GroupBar does not fully satisfy my needs.
I'd like to use a standard WPF ListView instead.

Is there a way to retrieve the current skin settings, i.e Background Color, Font, etc, so that i may use that for the standard control.

thx,

Helmut

7 Replies

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team March 21, 2019 07:16 AM UTC

Hi Helmut, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

If your requirement is to edit the SfSkinManager template of ListView, then we request you to use our ThemeStudio in order to export the respective style file. You can include this style file in your project and customize based on your requirement. We have prepared simple sample in which we have exported the VisualStudio2015 style from ThemeStudio and included it in project and it can be downloaded from below location. 

Can you please check with the sample and let us know if we have misunderstood your query? 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

HW Helmut Wahrmann March 21, 2019 06:28 PM UTC

Hi Jagadeesan,

basically, i want the Listview to have the same background and font, like with the SF Controls.
If i switch to a dark theme, then the background of the listview should have the same dark theme.

Reading your post , i would understand that there is a template for Listview, which would apply the settings of the currently selected skin.
But it seems it doesn't. As you can see from the attached file, the backgound of the Listview is still white.

THerefore it would be nice, if i would be able to use SkinStorage or SkinManager, or any other rskin related class, to get the background color of some SF control used in the app and then apply the same to the ListView.

thanks,

Helmut

Attachment: listview_58b34dee.zip

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team March 22, 2019 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Helmut, 

Thanks for your update 

From your screenshot, we understood that your ListView background has been remains as white for Office2010Blue style. If so, this color has been applied from our side as we have maintained white background in this particular style. If your requirement is to change the background color, then we suggest you to override and modify the background of ListView at application level. We have prepared sample by modifying the background of ListView and it can be downloaded from below location. 

Let us know whether this helps also if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan

HW Helmut Wahrmann March 22, 2019 04:14 PM UTC

Hi Jagadeesan,

thanks for your response.
If my app uses several themes and the user changes to e.g. Office2010Black, then my Listview will still be Blue.

i can query the current Theme being used, but if i would be able to find out the background color being used, i would be able to set that on the Listview as well.

From the sample this seems to be very static and only works for a single theme.

thanks,

Helmut

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 25, 2019 11:28 AM UTC

Hi Helmut, 

Thank you for the update. 

As we are using specific style for the ListView in our previous sample, it always fetches the color from this style irrespective of theme changes. Your requirement to fetch the background color of the other controls based on style and applying that to the ListView can be achieved using VisualUtils. We have modified the sample in which we have fetched the background color of the DockingManager control using VisualUtils and applied it to the ListView based on theme changes and it can be downloaded from following location. 

Also, please find the value of the background color which we have used for Syncfusion controls for Office2010 related styles. 

<!--Background color for Office2010Blue--> 
<LinearGradientBrush x:Key="ButtonAdvBackgroundBrush" EndPoint="0.5,1"StartPoint="0.5,0"> 
   <GradientStop Color="#FFEFF6FD" Offset="0"/> 
   <GradientStop Color="#FFE6EEF8" Offset="0.207"/> 
   <GradientStop Color="#FFE5ECF4" Offset="1"/> 
</LinearGradientBrush> 

<!--Background color for Office2010Black--> 
<LinearGradientBrush x:Key="ButtonAdvBackgroundBrush" EndPoint="0.5,1"StartPoint="0.5,0"> 
        <GradientStop Color="#FFC7C7C7" Offset="0"/> 
        <GradientStop Color="Silver" Offset="0.772"/> 
        <GradientStop Color="#FFBBBBBB" Offset="1"/> 
</LinearGradientBrush> 

<!--Background color for Office2010Silver--> 
     <GradientStop Color="#FFFEFEFE" Offset="0"/> 
     <GradientStop Color="#FFF7F7F9" Offset="0.677"/> 
     <GradientStop Color="#FFF6F7F9" Offset="1"/> 
</LinearGradientBrush> 

Please check with the sample and let us know whether its meets your requirement. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

HW Helmut Wahrmann March 26, 2019 04:48 PM UTC

Hi Subburaj Pandian V,

cool. Exactly what i was loookig for.

thanks for your great response,

Helmut

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team March 27, 2019 05:50 AM UTC

Hi Helmut,  

Thank you for the update. 

We are glad to know that the reported problem has been resolved at your end. Please let us know if you have any further queries on this. We are happy to help you. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon