We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

QueryBuilder column from related entities

I have a QueryBuilder bound to a remote datasource based on entity framework data. 
For example, i have a ORDER entity with a CUSTOMER navigation property.
I'm not able to add column from related (child) entities, such as CUSTOMER.NAME.
When i select the field, the operator dropdown is not populated and i have an error in the console: 

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    at t.changeRule (ej2.min.js:1)
    at t.changeField (ej2.min.js:1)
    at e.notify (ej2.min.js:1)
    at t.e.trigger (ej2.min.js:1)
    at t.detachChangeEvent (ej2.min.js:1)
    at t.onChangeEvent (ej2.min.js:1)
    at t.setSelection (ej2.min.js:1)
    at t.onMouseClick (ej2.min.js:1)
t.changeRule @ ej2.min.js:1
t.changeField @ ej2.min.js:1
e.notify @ ej2.min.js:1
e.trigger @ ej2.min.js:1
t.detachChangeEvent @ ej2.min.js:1
t.onChangeEvent @ ej2.min.js:1
t.setSelection @ ej2.min.js:1
t.onMouseClick @ ej2.min.js:1

I have bound the same source to a DataGrid control and it correclty supports related entities showing and filtering.

3 Replies

SI Silambarasan I Syncfusion Team March 11, 2019 11:31 AM UTC

Hi Nino, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked the reported issue based on the provided information and we suspect that you have used complex data binding in EJ2 QueryBuilder. This may cause the console error stack.  
However, currently we don’t have support for complex data binding in QueryBuilder. So, we have logged this as feature request “Support for complex data binding” and it will be available in any of our upcoming releases.  

Meanwhile, you can track the status of this feature through our feedback portal below. 

Please cast your vote to make it count. We will prioritize the features every release based on the demands. If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal.   

Regards, 
Silambarasan 

NI Nino March 11, 2019 12:00 PM UTC

Thanks.

I think the QueryBuilder data binding would be identical to DataGrid data binding that already supports Complex Data (Foreign Key) binding and filtering.

SI Silambarasan I Syncfusion Team March 12, 2019 07:12 AM UTC

Hi Nino, 

We deeply regret for the inconvenience. As we started earlier, currently we don’t have support for complex data binding in QueryBuilder. You can track the status of the feature request “Support for complex data binding” from the below link. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Silambarasan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon